What jobs or career jobs, would I qualify for with a B.S. Business Degree?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Chrisj0401, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Chrisj0401

Chrisj0401
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What jobs or career jobs, would I qualify for with a B.S. Business Administration Degree?

I want to know what jobs I should be looking for by the time I've completed my education. Also would there be any jobs I can get with my A.S. Business Administration Degree? Since I do get one when I complete my education at the community college, then use my degree/credits to continue my education for the B.S. Business Administration Degree. So I want to know if any jobs out there I can’t get that would accept an A.S. Business Administration Degree. I'm tired of what I'm making as an income and using my A.S. Business Administration Degree as an advantage to getting a better paying job would help a lot while I'm going to college as well.

2. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should take a look at the Sonoma University web page. They have listing of jobs and information relating to the business degree.

See Here

3. Chrisj0401

Chrisj0401
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That was very useful thank you.
    From the article-
    Ouch... I'm right now not even average sadly..But I'm working on it.

I might avoid any educational field jobs since they pay least.

What areas you guys think I should look for the highest cash salary?

Would I be able to just apply to any of these positions as a entry level right out of college? or even with an A.S. degree in Business Administration?

I could maybe get a Banker aka Clerk with maybe $13-$16/hr. Retail Manager might be interesting if it's products I'm already very knowledgeable about. Human Resource Manager may also be interesting... Note: that all (except CEO) of these jobs will not be my career, as most of you may already know I plan on having my own TV Production Studio & Talent Agency.

4. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to find something that fits your overall aim. If your aim is to own your own studio & talent agency then choose a profession that allows you to work with people. You will need to be able to read peoples body language and moods etc.

Something in the HR game or similar fields will allow you to get into this.

I'd recommend that you take a look at the 'Myers-Briggs' tests. Get some of your friends to take the tests, but before they reveal the results to you, write down what you think they will be. This gives you a good start on understanding people.

5. Chrisj0401

Chrisj0401
    uix_expand uix_collapse

that make sense, thank you.

Whats Myers-Briggs Tests???

6. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Psychometric tests. Will dig into someone and tell you if they are introvert, extrovert etc. They can be fun to do but at the same time revealing.

You can always find some free tests online - they are not the true Myers-Briggs ones but similar.

More information here

• Like Like x 1
  7. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Lots of jobs are available for you. Anything business-related or in the HR department.

8. kittelsoncarpo

kittelsoncarpo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You would be in marketing department. Associate marketing, marketing manager, etc.
    There are lots of jobs related to your degree and your chosen job should fit on your skills so that it will be easy for you.

9. chinaoilpainting

chinaoilpainting
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If possible, you can take a MBA program.

10. hrcanada1

hrcanada1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I think this is good option, the market need lots of MBA students in couple of days....

11. fausto

fausto
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think an AS degree in Business Administration will qualify you for entry-level administrative jobs in an office. But a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration would open up doors to many mid-level positions in different business departments of an organization. Not only will your employability and level of responsibility increase with a BS degree, but your paycheck will also see a spike if you continue your education before entering the job market again.

12. band

band
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What jobs qualify you is not a key point. The most important you must plan what kind of person you want to be. If you want to be success business man, selling skill is most important.Once a person comfort with worker life, they will never make any great achievement.

13. raymondgutierrez

raymondgutierrez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There’s plenty you can do with a business degree. The most important question is- what are YOU interested in? You could apply your acquired skills to managerial positions in absolutely any industry. Be it healthcare or engineering. Do some research and reflect over what you’d like to work as. For any other questions refer to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistic’s website, I find it resourceful and reliable. I’m interested in pursuing a degree in business myself and I’m just going over a review of Stevens Henager College.

14. pulpypinkpurple

pulpypinkpurple
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Holding a degree is a big point to achieve a job. In BSBA course, there a lot of jobs to be fit in. Because our society were surrounded by business establishments and you can comply any position you want to apply in.