What is your top source of backlinks in 2014?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Maidul, Jul 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maidul

Maidul
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What is your top source of backlinks in 2014?

I was previously using guest blogging,Forum commenting and blog commenting a lot in 2013, but in 2014 things seems have changed a bit.

Would you share some ideas about good link building strategy?

2. aronmatt3

aronmatt3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The link building strategy will remain same same for years if you are following best strategies available. if you are trying to get links from everywhere, then definitely you need to change your strategies not only every year, but every day.

3. parth

parth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Source of backlinks

Link building strategy will same if you are following best strategies available,i would like to suggest you for getting more baclinks through social media it is very good here you can get huge traffic on your website in all over world.You can go with SEO

There is so many ways to get source of backlinks on your site:-

1. Social Media Optimization-

Eg: Facebook
    Twitter
    Linkedin
    Google+
    Stumpleupon ect....

2. Classified Posting
    3. Directory Submisison
    4. Bookmark Submission

#3 parth, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  4. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am using a different strategy of back linking in this year. I am doing video marketing, PPT submission, Guest posting and Forum Participation and as a result I am ranking in the first page of Google. :)

5. nancyisabell

nancyisabell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think so classifieds ads post, articles submission, forum post count in back link.

If you get more traffic then use social media.

6. marrick

marrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you haven't tried the broken link building, you should check it out. I tried to used it for months now and I have found lots of success doing it. It is the process of informing the webmaster that there's something wrong in their links page and mind if you can replace those links with the links of yours. Of course the links should be relevant. This is done through email. Mid to above level engagement skill is required for this method.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I would question how much help you are getting from guest posting and forum participation, but the other two are good sources. Can you tell us what your website is, and what phrases you are ranking for? Also, how long have you been on the first page of Google?

Like I did with alastairbrian, I am going to question a couple of your suggestions. I don't think classified ads and forum posts are going to help much, at least not for long. As far as article submission, make sure you're going for quality sites, not sites that send your article to "thousands" of article submission sites.

8. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Source of backlinks never changes. The one thing that changes is the strategy. And that you need to focus on your experience what would matter a lot.

9. jmwang

jmwang
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the link building strategy is remain the some,you can try the video marketing, Guest posting,inforgraphic ,broken link and social media

10. Avni Shergill

Avni Shergill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO techniques keep on changing from time to time. Previously blog guesting which was used as an effective technique to rank is now not even in practice. So you can't depend on a single particular technique.

11. lessbrokerage

lessbrokerage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My Opinion is: Directory Submission, Bookmarking Submission, Article Posting, Blog Posting, Blog Commenting, Social Media Optimization is Best way to get backlinks...

12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Actually, it does. Many of the previous sources for backlinks, including those used by the OP, and some recommended by other posts in this thread, are no longer considered good sources for links. Now, it's important to participate in networking sites and get involved in social media. Articles should now be shared on reputable sites. Distributing articles on "thousands" of sites, and getting links from forum posts, blog comments, classified ads, etc., don't have much value anymore.

13. bmwillsmith

bmwillsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe in article writing. We can get long lasting and strong backlinks from articles.
    But our content should attract the visitors.
    And it should be related to our website field.

We can promote our article in social media websites with our friends. So our article gets popularity as well as our backlinking power improves in a genuine way.

We should add our website to Google maps which is a priority thing in Google's latest pigeon update.

I would like to say that there no single way to get results we should follow all ethical ways on a regular basis with a continuous effort.

We have to consider various issues to improve back links.

14. ketusoftware

ketusoftware
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Content marketing is one of the way where you can share your unique content in social networking sites and get a high page rank back link, educational links are good, forums and blog commenting does work now also but it is a nofollow backlink mostly.

15. alexfernandes

alexfernandes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would recommend you these 3 techniques i.e. Social bookmarking, Article submission and Forum posting. Try to get quality back links from high authority sites.

16. Clarence.Burn

Clarence.Burn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ahrefs dot com is the good source of backlinks.
    Social media
    SEO

17. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Can you go into detail about how Ahrefs can be a source of backlinks? It can identify the backlinks a website already has, but how can it be used as a source (Full disclosure: I already know the answer, but In an effort to help you, and perhaps others, improve the quality of your posts, I wanted you to provide a more detailed answer).
    Also backlinks are a part of SEO, but how can SEO be a source of backlinks?

18. Clarence.Burn

Clarence.Burn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Im sorry @joeroxx I used ahrefs for checking a backlinks competitors. I think one way also to get a quality, related high PR sites too.

19. jayantisoftwares

jayantisoftwares
    uix_expand uix_collapse

in terms of social media marketing you will get dofollow backlinks from google+....You also get more traffic from facebook, twitter and pintrest....thanks

20. marclewis

marclewis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say go with forum communities and blog commenting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.