What Is Your Number One Problem Right Now When Trying To Promote Your Website?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Ted, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Everyone promotes their website in their own way according to the best ways they know how.

My number one problem right now is that I don't have enough time, because I am only one person, to contribute to as many other sites in my niche that I would like to in order to generate publicity for my own website.

What is the single biggest problem you are facing right now as you try to promote your own website?

2. nathanleont

nathanleont
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Ted, I would say if your struggling with time it's best to maybe hire an outsourcer who can complete the small time consuming takes and that will help you leverage your time alot more to concentrate on the strategies to build your business. Theres plenty of places online where you can find highly skilled outsoucres easyoutsource.com is probably one of the best. I would say for me the hardest part of promoting my business was trying to get consistent traffic through SEO but as my keyword research got better so did my results.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Nathan - Already doing that. I have a team of outsourcers. There are certain things you can't outsource, like sharing your knowledge on public forums like this one.

If learning SEO was your biggest problem before, then - What is the single biggest problem you are facing right now as you try to promote your own website?

4. Leinfinito

Leinfinito
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Online marketers who face the same problem as yours usually just outsource minor tasks that they find difficult to use more time.

5. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My biggest problems in promoting my own site is also time. I am handling lots of client websites and even them are affected with the time I spend to them. I am really struggling to manage my time in promotions.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AnnexPaul

AnnexPaul
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My problem is to promote my products in other website which is similar to affiliate site to sell the products, am searching for site which match my products.

• Like Like x 1
  7. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Same problem here TED...Time is the biggest constraint for me...I have to generate enough income from other sources which can be used to meet daily expenses as well as to build a fund which can be used for Promotional activities for my website...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Peter_Palmer

Peter_Palmer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Outsourcing is a great idea. Some of the clients we have seem to have problems with keeping their brand messages consistent though when you consider that they maybe outsource SEO to one agency, PPC to another and social media to yet another agency. Does anyone here have that problem too?

• Like Like x 2
  9. CBI Web

CBI Web
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    BAF Tech Admin
    Premium Member

Time is the smaller of my problems, procrastination is my main problem. The old saying "If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it" rings true because someone with time on their hands tends to think they can put things off until later. A busy person knows they have limited time to do this and that, so they get right to it. ...I'm not a busy person, lol. Sure, there are things to do each day, but I do sabotage my time with the thought that I can get it done later. So yes, procrastination is a monster for me, but I'm working on it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I hadn't thought about that being a problem before. That is very interesting. I also wonder how many people run into trouble when hiring different places to each do something different with their website.

I would think that when you outsource functions like those, that you would be really specific about what you want done. And I wonder how many people outsource to different agencies at the same time for the same site.

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

You're an honest person if you admit that procrastination is a major problem.

You obviously must earn a living in some other way. Otherwise, you wouldn't procrastinate so much.... Would you?

• Like Like x 1
  11. CBI Web

CBI Web
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    BAF Tech Admin
    Premium Member

My wife and I both work part-time J.O.B.'s*, and even though it's not quite enough, it became comfortable. But our lack of any real life is uncomfortable, so I'm working toward changing that.

*Just Over Broke

• Like Like x 1
  12. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most business owners I think would think of the convenience of their users after making the site rank or popular in a way. Some users actually will demand for better process. If for instance you have an ecommerce website, they might just request to make the payment process simple so they won't have to input everything again and again if they shop from time to time so you will once again have to edit things like store their payment profile and things. Innovations will come in mind for the convenience.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

My main focus as regards to this forum is to make it as helpful to members as possible I concentrate on that rather than promoting the site. I'd like to have the time to spend a couple of hours on SEO per day, but I really don't have the time (or perhaps the energy) for that at the moment. The one thing that would make the biggest positive change to the site is if more of our visitors would start participating and posting. I suppose that's my biggest problem, the fact that we have so many visitors who don't register and become active members.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you suppose that if you improve the product enough, then more people will tell each other about it which will generate even more publicity and traffic? Is that your mindset?

Or....

Are you still convinced you need to do the manual promotions, but you want to increase the value of the product before doing that?

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes, that is my opinion, I feel that the site is busy enough now, that if we provide a quality location for our members, word will spread. What's your opinion on that view Ted?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Guitarhermit

Guitarhermit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mostly negativity I feel. People are extremely quick to put you down when advertising a product very similar to your own. Much like many incidents in ebay I've had where someone would buy out all my listings but not pay. I'd check their profile and they'd be selling the exact same thing as me but more expensive XD

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's a low tactic, did you report them to eBay?

18. pete.mcal

pete.mcal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Time is also my biggest issue. I work full time and I'm often too tired to do much productive work in the evenings; although I always power out as much as I can manage. I'm in the middle of experimenting with outsourcing, as to be expected it's had its ups and downs. I've found a great VA who is enthusiastic and caring so I hope she'll stay with me :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Guitarhermit

Guitarhermit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The only thing I could do was open an unpaid payement case. What happens after is they get a -1 buyers rating and I get my final value fee credit back.

20. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Certainly if you increase the value of the benefit people are deriving from this website enough then yes the site will grow in popularity naturally for its audience. The key would be to determine exactly who your audience is and who you want them to be. Then you would want to figure out why they come here. What benefit are they really seeking by coming here? And then give them more of it. Give them much more of it than they could possibly get anywhere else. Then yes, definitely the site would have an exceptionally loyal membership. We could talk about that in another thread if you wanted to.

And yes, I think this site gets enough organic traffic that you could accomplish that without worrying much about any one particular promotional method.

• Like Like x 1