What is your main thing?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Changed Creation, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What is the main thing that you are trying to accomplish in your business this year? For me it is to learn in detail about the first steps a business takes in getting started and teaching and applying those steps in different businesses. What is your main thing in business this year?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Outside of Business Advice Forum, my main thing at the moment is ForumCoin, I want to grow the site to the position where members can exchange the ForumCoin they earn there, for almost any product or service they require.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I visited your site. Marvelous idea! Think you should add phrase "new world currency" on this site and in your signature as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks very much Changed Creation, I have updated my signature in response to your suggestion. We will be making some design changes to the forum in the future and we will incorporate the "New World Currency" slogan at that time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just wanted to establish my online work that is my blog "Money Brains" at the end of this year..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My main thing is getting customers that keep coming back to me. I have some competition but not a lot. My prices for sale items are even cheaper than Wal-Mart's plus the product is more reliable and I still make profit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Will that be sorta like a barter exchange thing?

• Like Like x 1
  8. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to do two things.

1. Create more valuable content for my readers and subscribers on my site that they could really learn something from.
    2. Convert more visitors into subscribers that come to my site. I get a fair bit of visitors but haven't been converting as much as I would like. I'm going to focus on those two things for the rest of the year to try and finish strong.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Martin Willard

Martin Willard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to try and get some decent amount of income from the project and have people purchasing the services I offer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. angelOnEarth

angelOnEarth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Because my business is a little young. My goal is to have a wide range of customers. I want our shop to be known. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The purpose of business is to get and keep clients, so it sounds as if you are perfectly on track! I'm curious to know what you do to get them and what you do to keep them in your specific business but I'll start a new thread in that regard!

If your product is more reliable it sounds like a perfect aspect to incorporate in your marketing USP and elevator pitch.

12. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

To be able to do this you may think of developing the systems of your marketing funnel so that you direct the suspect to prospect to customer to client even closer, together with the solutions you offer for them to buy.

13. Fate

Fate
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm looking to start something on my own and finding ways on how it can be done effectively. Something which can be freelanced.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Fate
    Have you joined a freelance website eg. Elance.com? But a step before that is probably to think about what exactly it is that you want to offer. Your signature shows that you offer content writing, but maybe if you phrase you USP or Elevator pitch in there, you'd get more response? And if you do get that up you'd probably need to refer them to your website where you can pitch exactly what your service offering is, so that they will want to buy you to obtain the solution you are offering them.

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What type of product are you selling Shawn?

Basically members earn ForumCoin in return for posting on the forum. That ForumCoin can then be exchanged for products and services that are offered by me directly on the site. However, we also have an exchanges section where members can offer products and services to other members of the forum, and then get paid for those products and services with ForumCoin. Does that answer your question?

16. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Fergal. I've been wondering...Why don't you write a rapport about Forum coin and put it as a download in your signature? Write about what Forum coin is, why you started it, what the idea behind it is, how it works, how it can be of benefit to self and others, how to play with it ...exchange it and give lots of ideas and examples on how to use it. I think the concept is a little foreign to us, but as soon as we all understand how it can benefit self and other, we will start using it looootttts more! :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Forum Coin sounds really interesting. Signed up to check it out.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

@Changed Creation thanks very much for that great suggestion, I will implement that in the near future.

Thanks very much amwarner, I'm delighted that you are now a member.

19. crater

crater
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My main goal is to build y new blog to higher traffic and pagerank and then monetize it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Crafter
    So you want to get more visitors to your blog and higher conversion rate. The best way to do that is to do it generically through offering value to your visitors so that they want to tell others about it. To do that, you need to get into the heart and mind of your ideal visitor and give them through your blog the answers they are looking for. Seo is great, but start generically. Thats just my take! :)