What is your idea

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by kevin-p, Apr 26, 2016.

1. kevin-p

kevin-p
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am managing a website for marketing goal but I don't have any access to website's admin area, content are published by my client. I am handling all its social media websites.

Goal of website is to broadcast news & price for petrochemical & plastic product for small business owners, who purchase/subscribe news and analysis/report about market and industry.

I want ideas to how to grow paid subscriber for my client

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Without seeing the site it's not easy to make any suggestions. I doubt any social media activity will increase the subscriber base - for no other reason than your target subscriber won't be browsing facebook looking for petrochemical news.

A good way to get subscribers is to advertise in the trade magazines, set up mailing lists and so on. For this to work you need access to the site so you can add the necessary calls to action. If they won't give you access then you aren't going to be able to do much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. kevin-p

kevin-p
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your reply!!

Can you share some trade magzine website, so that I can get ideas for my paid news website ?

4. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I can;t think of any reason why someone would pay for the information on that site. The layout and styling is poor, it is confusing and vague with no real focus. Nobody is going to pay without seeing the quality of the information. Sorry to be all negative but there are loads of free news feeds covering the industry.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kevin-p

kevin-p
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your honest feedback. I am aware of what you have noticed. The new website design for the same is in pipleline. I can hope improvement after the implementation.

Thanks again