What is your favorite money-making site?

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by dyanmarie25, Aug 18, 2015.

1. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As a freelancer, I am always on the lookout for new money-making opportunities online. And I have got a few favorite ones. I absolutely love writing for Postloop. I have been with them for around 8 months now, and so far, this is the best online opportunity out there. You can cash out your money any time you want as long as you have reached the minimum payout threshold of $5. Another great site is CastingWords. It's a transcription services website wherein you can get paid by transcribing audio files/podcasts, and reviewing, grading, or editing transcriptions. You can cash out every Friday as long as you have accumulated at least $1 in your account.

What about you?

2. Frennemeister

Frennemeister
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, Postloop is one of my favorites along with Prolific Academic where you participate in studies by university students. You get paid a reasonable amount and can't get disqualified from a study. I'll have a look into CastingWords, it sounds good.

3. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wonder if you also follow a styleguide on casting words and how difficult is it?
    Right now I love working in short tasks and my favorite site for it would be crowdsource. The tasks are fun to do like the ones that require moderation which they call quality assurance thing. They also pay quickly and there is no minimum cash out amount and no need to request for it because they will send it to your paypal once the task is approved.

4. Onionman

Onionman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Postloop's fine but there's a fairly obvious ceiling in terms of what you can earn in any given day. Beyond the freelancing sites that I'm looking to work on more at the moment, I would say that CrowdSource and Clickworker are still decent 'easier' money options. UserTesting was a great gig while it lasted but it became difficult to get work on it.

5. Frennemeister

Frennemeister
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do they require a verified PayPal account?

6. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I could not remember anymore if the Paypal account should be verified or not. Mine is a verified one when I applied so I guess that is the reason why I forgot about it. Anyway, that is a great site and I know they will stay long. Why don't you give it a try while you work on your verification. They got different cool tasks depending on the skills you qualified based on available exams they provide

7. Frennemeister

Frennemeister
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, I'll definitely have a look at it. Thank you for your help anyway.

8. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No worries. You may create your account now and be patient for their invitation to arrive. It took me a month before I finally got invited to create an account on their workstation site. Goodluck let me know if you have further questions

9. Shohana Rahman

Shohana Rahman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me the favorite money making site is Bubblews though now a days its down but once i made enough money from the content writing site Bubblews.

10. Sparkster

Sparkster
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for this post. I have heard of Casting Words before and wanted to give it a try but couldn't remember the name of it until I saw this post. A $1 payout is a very low threshold, do they pay to Paypal? Also, how much can you realistically earn at Casting Words per day? One of my favourite sites to use is Microworkers who pay you to carry out small tasks. Another one I'm hoping to be able to make use of is iWriter but it's hard to find article requests unless they are on very awkward or unusual topics. HubPages is the one writing site I have managed to make a success out of.

11. healingforce

healingforce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am a developer and I'm freelancing too and currently the site I am working on is of odesk.com It offers a quite good service and give also visibility to new users.

12. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am now earning somehow in a social media site but I cannot post it here because it might be prohibited. I earn a few dollars every 3 week and I find it gratifying because at least my efforts are not wasted. The site is a social media like Facebook but I earn when others would post a comment on my post particularly pictures. Maybe if it will grow then it will be paying more.

13. Winterybella

Winterybella
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't know I have a favourite, but if I did it would be writelearnearn.com I am yet to write an article, but I do a bit of editing there and it keeps me researching and learning new things. It's relatively new but growing. The site's owner is very approachable and is always there to answer any questions. It's good to be part of a community with a live person and not some robot.

• Like Like x 1
    #13 Winterybella, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  14. hemnaram

hemnaram
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ipoll.com is one of the money making website through which we can earn in dollars by filling the survey

15. Onionman

Onionman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I seem to drift between a variety of sites. Certainly Postloop is a regular one for me but I need to find more high value options. I do a bit on Clickworker and CrowdSource but I want to be doing a bit more on the writing front. It's also a pity that I haven't got any coding skills as there seems to be a lot of freelance work on that front.

16. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm a fan of Prolific Academic too. I also like Microworkers and Crowdflower (via Neobux) a great deal, although I know that microjobs aren't for everyone.

I used to use Postloop a lot but these days, I tend to visit only when there is no other work to do elsewhere. Although the points build up fairly quickly and payments are made at lightning speed, there are plenty of sites out there that pay better rates. Postloop is fantastic for when you need to make a few emergency bucks in a hurry.

17. Winterybella

Winterybella
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So Missbishi, what makes you a big fan of Prolific? I joined a little while back mostly out of curiosity because I find survey sites never work for me. I think it has everything to do with location. Anyway, I got one quite recently and it's still waiting to be reviewed. I am still trying to understand how it really works.

• Like Like x 1
    #17 Winterybella, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  18. AK Sharma

AK Sharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great suggestions. Thanks for sharing. Beyond working as freelancer, you can start your own business and can earn monthly income. If you are looking for the way that paid you monthly income, then become travel affiliate. Travel affiliate program is becoming best option for business startups. Online travel website is one of the most popular today and it is a good way to earn money online. Travelerrr offers an opportunity to start you own online travel business and earn money from home ($100-$400 per day).

19. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, for what is essentially a survey site, the pay is good. It averages out at around £5 per hour. I usually complete around 5-6 studies a week, meaning I cash out on a weekly basis.

The studies can take some time to be reviewed. Some researchers will review the studies as and when they are completed while others will wait until their quota is filled before they start to credit. I find that the majority of studies appear between 8:00 - 16:00 GMT, Monday to Friday, possibly because the majority of them come from European institutes.

So yes, it probably has a lot to do with location and other demographics.

20. Winterybella

Winterybella
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Missbishi, I got back the reviews, after a couple days so that went well even if the survey was very, very long. I have not seen anything come my way since that. Actually, I did see one other but by the time I started to ready myself, it said the slots were full. I understand how you would be loving it 5-6 studies a week and in pounds. Hopefully, I'll get some more soon and if I don't earn for the two of us.