What is your daily SEO routine for a site?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by snapping, Jan 4, 2012.

1. snapping

snapping
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I doing SEO for a large site (20+ pages). What are the best practices in regards to the sub-pages of the site? Should I put keywords for sub-pages, and if yes how similar can they be to my home page keywords? What about description and page title, how long should those be and how similar to the home page? Is there anything else that can be done for SEO optimization?

2. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have left SEO as a career and now I am focusing only on my blog I think if you are a true SEO you will feel comfortable in using your skills for some one else website, but you will be much satisfied while using them for your own website and business. This is what I am doing and in doing so I don't have to follow a specific pattern. Some days I spent whole day for optimizing my blog when I am going to write a post for high competition title

3. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Usually large sites should have sitemaps so that crawlers can easily find your webpages. Of course, it will help if you first research what keywords you like to focus on your linkbuilding campaign. Then do your link building campaign properly. It can be really helpful if you put keywords of subpages in your front page. But make sure that keywords in different pages are different from each other. Add metadata in your pages. Make sure that it will be straight to the point and unspammy type of Title and Description.

Another promotional post?!!!!

4. BoBo_184

BoBo_184
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the title, description should contain the keywords you want to target while at the same time accurately and appropriately describe what the subpages are about.

don't try to stuffing title/description with keywords you want to target if they end up failing to describe the page's content.

check there are internal links between the different pages to help crawler discover all of the pages.

if subpage's content is good/important enough, you can try getting backlinks for them via blogs and articles.

5. DaveCain

DaveCain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

6. Missnancyalex

Missnancyalex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If all links pointing to your home page it’s easily caught by Google so you should try to be natural and optimize all your internal pages as well. The ratio I follow is 80/20 I optimize my home page 80% and 20% inner pages.
    As far as title and description is concerned, it’s impossible to write title and description manually for internal pages. I used auto generated title and description for internal pages.
    This will make my title and description different from each other page of my website and all pages became standalone page.
    My some of product pages rank well in Google SERP because product competition is very less.

7. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi

My best advice to you is to Keep it Real and Add Value.

If you are building a theme site, your pages should be relevant to the overall theme. Those keywords should be pertinent to information your prospective visitors seek. They should not all be based on Google's keyword tool, nor should they be selected only because of their monetary value.

More and more, Google is able to detect human behavior and if you put your visitor's interests first and foremost, they will notice. And so will Google.

So create your content for your visitors. Provide high-quality, original content that really helps them. Their positive reaction will send a message to the search engines and to other human visitors.

------

When you add value, you are not regurgitating what other's have said. You are writing content from your own perspective that offers a unique view and insight. If your information is useful - not rehashed or meaningless - you will find people coming back to you again and again.

When you Keep it Real, you are not tricking the engines or your visitors (no bait and switch, etc.). This means a lot of things and includes honesty and caring for what happens with your site.

------

Those are some overall strategies that work very well. It's not a daily/specific thing done. These are overall principles that if employed and improved upon will result in an overall, stable improvement for your ebusiness.

Good Luck!

8. Missnancyalex

Missnancyalex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before stuffing your pages with keyword please watch this video it will help you in your campaign.
    http://www.seomoz.org/blog/all-about-anchor-text-whiteboard-friday