What is Word of Mouth Marketing?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Eminenz CW, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Eminenz CW

Eminenz CW
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey,

Please tell me that what is word of mouth marketing?

Thanks in advance!!!

2. sarahfriedlander

sarahfriedlander
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there! Workd of mouth marketing is an unpaid form of promotion—oral or written—in which satisfied customers tell other people how much they like a business, product, service, or event. According to Entrepreneur Media, word-of-mouth is one of the most credible forms of advertising because people who don't stand to gain personally by promoting something put their reputations on the line every time they make a recommendation.

Hope that helps!

• Like Like x 1
  3. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mouth marketing, it is viral marketing strategic, free of charge. E.g You like ipone, and you keep promote iphone among your friend.

4. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Word of mouth marketing is a form of marketing strategy where you promote your product/brand name/services/information/etc to your colleagues, friends or relatives.

This strategy takes time before you can benefit from it. You need to put up a good work and service. Upon doing so, and if your customers are satisfied with your services, chances are big that you will be shared by them to their networks.

5. Richard Thompson

Richard Thompson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Viral marketing is also known as word of mouth marketing, a successful marketing strategy that uses word of mouth sharing from person to person. It explodes like a network chain and hence is an effective technique to attract more attention of the audience and driving more traffic to the source. This may include some pictures, emails, videos or some content of some interest.

- Rick

6. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most of the answers are correct. It's a form of Viral Marketing wherein you tell your friends, family and colleagues that you like this certain brand or product which you definitely want them to also use etc. But the thing about viral marketing is that it can't be the only thing you should be doing. There are a lot of marketing strategies you can use just make sure that it fits your brand or product.

7. ces

ces
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is everything what you say about a product/brand, it is where the gossip turn into fact and it is a form of viral marketing which is used to spread news or info. This could make or break your brand/product.

8. Leejeong

Leejeong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I usually do this among my friends. That's why they're checking it out also for themselves. Sometimes I'm convincing them to check the websites and share it with others. It's easy to make it viral since they already TRUST you.

9. MoneyTrack

MoneyTrack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Think of a product you've used and liked. Did you tell your friends about it?

Now think about the product/service you are selling? Do you give people a reason to pass it along to their friends?

If the answer is yes, then you are getting more business. In my experience, word of mouth marketing is the best kind of marketing because it is honest and free.

10. Econox

Econox
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of my older sites had a significant increase in traffic through word of mouth. But this lead to a more local presence in my case (pretty much a lot of people knew each other and where concentrated in one general area, whereas my aim was global).

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

When it comes to your own website, product or service offering there are two very important questions that you should ask yourself;

1. Is it something you would use yourself?
    2. Is it something you would tell other people about?

If the answer to those questions is "yes", you are more likely to benefit from positive word of mouth marketing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mouth marketing also called word of mouth advertising is an unpaid form of promotion, oral or written in which satisfied customers tell other people how much they like a business, service, or event. According to Entrepreneur Media, word-of-mouth is one of the most credible forms of advertising because people who don't stand to gain personally by promoting something put their reputations on the line every time they make a recommendation.

13. kylesmith025

kylesmith025
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think this is the old method where you tell your friends and your friends tell their friends and so on... Like the old marketing still.