What is Wonder wheel?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by firstchoicecar, Apr 21, 2011.

1. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I heard it from a friend that this will help me with my SEO tactics.I made some reasearch but I'm not sure with the results.Please give me more of info about this,provide me an example that will really help me a lot.Thanks in advance hope to get a feedback.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Matt Cutts describes the Wonder Wheel as follows;

You can view the Wonder Wheel yourself for any Google search by clicking the "Wonder Wheel" link in the left hand navigation of any Google search results page. As an example here's a Wonder Wheel for the search term "Business Advice". I haven't used it myself, but I can see how it would be useful for finding additional keywords for your site.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Fergal has given you a good description of where to find the Wonder Wheel. Basically, the Wonder Wheel gives you a group of phrases as "spokes" on a wheel. Clicking on one of the spokes brings up another wheel of spokes with different phrases. Clicking on a spoke in that wheel will give you more phrases, and so on.
    I started with the phrase "pre-owned cars utah". That brought up a wheel with the phrase "pre-owned cars for sale". Clicking on that brought a wheel with the phrase "pre-owned used cars for sale". This is what the last wheel looked like..

#3 Joseph.Shivell, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  4. vanessalane

vanessalane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One great use of the wonder wheel is to discover keywords that are directly related to other keywords :D

5. Alvasin

Alvasin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of the great uses for Wonder Wheel is to determine how Google classifies keywords and what keywords appear under those classifications. This is especially useful when working to achieve site links for your Web site.

Site links are extra links to a Web site that appear when someone does a specific keyword search.

6. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you guys,I will be check it right now,I really appreciate it.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Once you've used the Wonder Wheel firstchoicecar, please post back to give us the benefit of your first hand experience of using it. Please let us know whether or not it helped you with the SEO of your site.