What is "TRUE BUSINESS" for you??

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by $Tycoon$, Feb 20, 2008.

1. $Tycoon$

$Tycoon$
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me, true business is doing work not just for money, but by helping communities and individuals by our services and products... achieving their trust and confidence in our firm.

What is true business for you?? Care to share your own opinions?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

To me business is about delivering a product or service for profit. Having morals and a social objective for your business is great. It can help give you greater motivation and can help with the PR of your business in your local community and further afield.

3. sarahFreder

sarahFreder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well you are right but in day today life not every body is focussing on it they are only focussing on money. well for me true business is good quality, good customer service and good money earnings.

4. superbike

superbike
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My True business is making online business with only two goals -To become a rich man and to help poor people.

However ‘true business’ should always based on honest and truth

5. lokesh05

lokesh05
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Any business is done to gain PROFIT.
    without gaining profits, once business cannot sustain (of course, if there isn't any other source of income).
    once, settled in business, then venture out in new areas, and do good for community!

6. niceboy

niceboy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me, True Business means earning money with dignity, honesty and customer satisfaction. I may not earn millions this way, but it does give me lots of self confidence and satisfaction.

7. lokesh05

lokesh05
    uix_expand uix_collapse

very rightly said by 'niceboy'.
    maintaining one's Dignity is very important in running any business.
    and Self-Satisfaction is what we as an individual should seek instead of making money (lot extra than our requirements)!

8. TheOnlyOne92

TheOnlyOne92
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good customer service + good products + advertising + good and responsible employees + low prices = TRUE BUSINESS.

Good customer service is for me one of the most important things. I don't need to explain because we all know why is this needed.
    A good product is by far the most important thing.
    Advertising is very important, its useless to have good products and everything when nobody knows that you and your products exist.
    Good and responsible employees are the ones that will make business keep going and I think it is very important to find and hire employees that have some experience. I am not saying that you should not hire people that have recently finished collage. But always check if that employee is really what you need. Find a way to somehow test your employees before hiring them.
    Low prices are of course the thing in business. Keep them the lowest of all the competition, smaller profits but more clients equals more money.

I think that if we manage to follow the things that I have written here the business can be TRUE BUSINESS.

And for the people that say that we should help others in the business, ok, I agree because I surely like to help other, less fortunate, but we can also do that if we make a lot of money and donate to charity and other things...

9. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

92, there is also the reverse strategy of pricing higher than the competition. You need to be very strong in every respect, and give a bit more at times, but you can succeed pricing above them.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Having a good product or service is very, very important. But is it the most important thing?

There have been lots of businesses with great product / service offerings, that went bankrupt and lots of businesses with mediocre ones that were and are very successful.

11. TheOnlyOne92

TheOnlyOne92
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was in doubt about this when I wrote it. I thought about it for a second and then continued with the sentence. In my opinion that is the most important thing. But I'm always opened to suggestions and I am ready to change my mind about this. Tell me, what do you think the most important thing is? I will be looking forward to your reply.

12. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Foremost is customer service. In my area if someone would start an on demand bus service they would destroy the existing one just by virtue of answering the telephone in a timely and professional manner. You can run late, but if you answer the phone right you would devastate them.

Would you rather pay a bit more for something, and be treated as a person giving them business, or be treated rudely and save a few bucks?

Restaurants are another example. I'd rather eat supposedly so-so food in a nice atmosphere than eat supposedly good food at a place with rude or aloof wait staff. The atmosphere is half the flavor to me.

13. TheOnlyOne92

TheOnlyOne92
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are right pendelton. If I watch at thing from your angle you can say that the product is not the most important thing. I think that the things that are important change depending on the situation and business type. Thanks for the new idea you gave me ;)

14. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You are welcome. After you are making a good income maybe you could tell me what it was. :)

15. TheOnlyOne92

TheOnlyOne92
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh, no :)
    I am not even near starting a real business. My father owns a small business ( a simple shop(food, drinks bla bla...)).

I am still going to school but I have started with bux.to. I think I can get easy money from there. Thanks for the advice again, maybe one day, when I finish school I will start my own business and I will sure remember your advice ;)

#15 TheOnlyOne92, Apr 1, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  16. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

92, think about it this way, if you start an online business now you will have time for a great learning curve. You are in a good position to make yourself a 'guru' before getting out of school, gaining that experience that many people, even in to their older years, never get.

Having knowledge about the food services industries gives you something to start with.

17. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess "TRUE" bussiness for me is relevant to success and professionalism. Two terms needed for a true bussiness.

18. TheOnlyOne92

TheOnlyOne92
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all, it is not really a food store. Its just a regular store :/ I don't know how you people call these kinda stores, maybe groceries store ?

And second of all, I am still a minor :eek: so I can't really legally start a business :(. But thanks a lot for the reply you just gave an idea here and I might start some kind of an online business soon. I've got the idea but I don't have the "products" yet.

19. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's great, do it up!

In the US you can be a teen business owner, with parental consent.

Good luck!

20. King Justice

King Justice
    uix_expand uix_collapse

True business is an individual or group of individuals that provide a good supported product or service.

I can't stand seeing businesses that have workers that clearly don't want to work or do what they are being paid to do.

Take example McDonald's. The one near me is really run-down and the workers slack off and don't pay any attention to me, the customer. This aggrivates me because I am in there trying to conduct business with them, grant it, I may be purchasing food but I am still a consumer.

They look at me like I interrupt them or asking them to do me a favor. I hate that.
    A lot of businesses nowadays have people that really aren't fit for the job.

If you don't like what you're doing, then don't do it.