What is the solution for my business?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by ANDREW666, Dec 8, 2012.

1. ANDREW666

ANDREW666
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I need to find a way to manage my customer orders and to give them proper support. I have a few websites and all the orders placed there also come to my gmail account. I have managed to bring all the website’s orders to one location to manage all the orders easily.

Now the business is expanding and i need chat support, people to pick incoming calls and support to handle orders and queries. I could have hired a person as well but this thing is 24/7 but it will add to my cost ( office expense, maintenance, salary). Plus i do not want to manage it all by myself as I want to concentrate on the main business and its expansion.
    What should I do? Should i hire a call center company? What can be the risk involved there?

If you have any other suggestion, please share it with me.
    Thanks,
    Andrew

2. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

An idea could be finding a few people who are looking to earn part-time income in various country's so that no matter what the time, someone is constantly on live support. A call center can work, but the more complex questions they may not know the answer too, as so I assume.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Andrew, thanks for joining and posting your business questions.

Hiring a call centre sounds like a good option, if you don't have the resources to handle those communications yourself. The greatest risk associated with hiring a call centre stems from the fact that you are allowing people outside of your company to speak to your customers. If they don't handle contacts with your customers professionally, you are at risk of losing your customers. Hence, it is important to ensure that you only hire a competent call centre and that you provide them with the information, training and resources they need to effectively communicate with your customers.

You also need to set up service level agreements and reporting procedures with them. This will provide you with information on key statistics such as how long your customers need to wait before they are connected to a live agent.

I spent some years working in the call centre industry myself and would be delighted to answer any questions you have, to the best of my ability.

What country is your business based in?

4. dojo

dojo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would personally hire within the business and not trust some outsidejoe to handle my client support. This is one of the most 'tricky' aspects into running a business and I would personally want to handle this either alone (which is not the case for you, since it's too much work) or have someone inside the company to handle this. And they can answer to you better than an outsider who doesn't really care about you and what your company stands for.

5. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is very important for you to handle your clients, so I would recommend you out source the customer support and keep a check and balance of it. You can make use of your website by online chat support so that your customers could contact you and order online. The order will be queued and will wait for your response. You on the other hand can turn wise fulfill the orders. Do tell what you plan on doing and was that effective or not ?
    Best of Luck

6. Justin McCollen

Justin McCollen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The position of handling customer support must be handled by someone that is already working for the company for a long time now because he or she has more knowledge about how things work and on what products there offer...

7. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer to hire own employee as compare with outsource because of easy to monitor, control and more trustworthy.

8. Mega Jones

Mega Jones
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would advise you to outsource your customer support, as agents have been worked with every domain like business, order taking, solving queries, etc. They can handle your clients or customers at worst situations and more capable to handle them professionally as compare to executives hired by you. It has also found that businesses that provide strong customer service overshadow their competitors, so Its better to provide customer service from only renowned company for business growth aspects.

9. Ethan2

Ethan2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are in E-commerce world, I don't understand why still now you check order by email.
    Here is my advices:
    1. Manage your business on Magento ( you know ebay and Amazone? this is their free product to promote e-commerce)
    2. Let your customer buy online (Add to cart ^^)
    3. Magento system will automatically deal with your customer orders

10. Samuelsemos

Samuelsemos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hire someone or hand over your calling work to someone else who is already in the same profession. Due to that your work burden it will get divide and easily you can concentrate on your business and its expansion.