What is the significance of relevancy in the whole SEO concept?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by greighuge, Jun 4, 2010.

1. greighuge

greighuge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In each process of an SEO, the term relevance has a vital role to play. Incase of any confusion with the relevancy, your campaign will backfire irrespective of whether you have finalized good keywords, undergone successful backlinking or optimized the website for main keywords.

Depending on the situation, the importance of relevance on SEO seems to change a whole lot. The success a website has on the online world depends a whole lot on relevance. Relevancy has numerous definitions when considering the SEO perspective. Does anyone have anything to add in this case or in this topic?

2. Lingua21

Lingua21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A good friend of mine decided to go in for online Turkish tuition about a year ago as she wanted to do some part-time work from home having had a chat with my wife who has been successful in teaching Italian.

I helped my friend set up a website and gave her some basic tips on SEO stressing the importance of baclink relevancy and having lots of relevant language material on her website.

She is now on Google's first pages for 'Turkish tuition' and for 'Turkish lessons' and has a PR of 4. She is inundated with work and has just been asked by a language services company if they can buy advertising space on her home page.

My friend has virtually no IT expertise and basically all she did was to follow a few basic SEO steps and put quite a bit of effort into obtaining relevant backlinks. In in all, she now has about 200 Google backlinks when she looks in Google Webmaster Tools but about 90% of these are relevant to Turkish related topics.

I also told her how to check out competitor backlinks and how to the emulate the best of what they do. She hasn't done anything like submitting articles and she has never paid for a link.

I have also seen situations where websites have many pages on relevant content (mainly in the form of a blog) and very few backlinks but rank very high in Google for sort after keyword search terms.