What is the right way to do SEO after pigeon update?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by vishalesskay, Aug 11, 2014.

1. vishalesskay

vishalesskay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am wondering that my site has lost its ranking just because of not having the location determined in the content, keywords and Meta description. So it is right to use location based keywords to optimize websites for better rankings in different location based search queries? What is the right way to search engine optimization now?

2. ketusoftware

ketusoftware
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would suggest focus on major directories, include the customer reviews in the website, be active on google places and google+

3. joy.linford

joy.linford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Start doing business listing from now and give proper location in every listing. After few days you will see magic.

4. Clarence.Burn

Clarence.Burn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also suggest trying web2.0 and make sure that the content is unique and in english standard.
    -Correct Capitalization of title
    -Grammar
    -punctuations
    -etc.

5. Avni Shergill

Avni Shergill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will suggest you to use keyword with the specific location name. And do business listing, classified submission and add your website to Google and Bing listing along with the proper location.

6. bhupinder

bhupinder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pigeon update is more detailed information about the website for them to place your site on higher local results and the targeted audience will easily find your website with their specific search query.

7. alexfernandes

alexfernandes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

After Pigeon, organic results mostly consist of directory sites as this algorithm gives first preference to high authority directory sites. So we need to continue our ethical link building and just give more importance to local directories.

8. marrick

marrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pigeon is still on BETA version and only US sites are partially affected by this update. I suggest to not do anything in regards with this update and focus still on the things that you are doing now. I'm pretty sure Google will announced if the Pigeon is officially launched. Besides, Pigeon is not its real name. SEL only gave the name to this BETA algo update.

9. Modishfitt

Modishfitt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't use any location-based keywords if your site is not in a local niche. pigeon update will affect local searching about company's information. It will be more beneficial, if a website have proper presentation on local websites

10. RobbieLima

RobbieLima
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have an proper idea about then you can do local listing of your site and use location wise keywords otherwise just do whatever you are already done.

11. nadablue

nadablue
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pigeon update is best for all the business owners who wants to increase their local search of business. they list their business to the Google and get more traffic to their business.

12. peterscot423

peterscot423
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Now pigeon update will focus on to use keyword with the specific location name. And do local listing, classified submission and add your website to Google and Bing listing along with the proper location.