What is the most effective internet marketing strategy?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by jason079, Sep 27, 2011.

1. jason079

jason079
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey everyone, Jason here. I’m just new around and it seems that this place has a lot of things to offer that I surely love. I just want to seek advice, what could be the most effective internet strategy that people can use to do well with online businesses? Have you ever tried a valuable technique? Hope to hear from you=) Thanks! ;)

Regards,
    Jason=)

2. AmmyJohn12

AmmyJohn12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is the best internet marketing strategy to use because its free and the most effective.

3. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO marketing, social media marketing, pay per click advertising and email marketing.

4. jason079

jason079
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks guys and I would agree with your opinion since I even did readings of some information how SEO can be a successful tool for online career. :)

5. rhymers

rhymers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I beg to differ. SEO is good but you need either a lot of time or a lot of money to make it work.

It all depends on the service/product you're offering. Here's a few examples,

Example 1 - A Band
    SEO won't help a band that's trying to promote itself around the internet. You'll rank pretty quickly for your band name (assuming you haven't picked a name like Online Gambling or something) but unless anyone searches for it, that won't be worth much. It's better that you get on the wide variety of music sharing/social networks to promote yourself.

Example 2 - A Charity
    OK, SEO might work for you but it would be better to employ an online PR campaign of sorts i.e. viral marketing, to get your brand and cause out to the masses. Again social media plays a big part. Sure, if people search for the cause you're pushing (or related terms) that will work, but really there are better channels to look at.

Example 3 - Online Electronics Shop
    OK, SEO will be a big part but not just SEO. If you look at Google's (let's say we're in the US or UK) search results, a lot of the results aren't algorithm based listings - Adwords, Google Product Search, Youtube, News articles, Google+, etc. The list goes on. So yeah, getting the top spot via SEO is good but there are a lot of ways to get to top spot of Google's results.

Consider the make-up and competitiveness of your target market and then consider your options. That would be my approach.

6. Ken Peterson

Ken Peterson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have your own business or you get involved into affiliate marketing, determining the best internet marketing strategies is not important, but crucial. You have to understand that without proper internet marketing strategies you will not be able to get success.SEO is the best effective internet marketing strategy as my opinion.

7. joydanny

joydanny
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In now days SEO and PPC both are the best internet marketing strategies. In PPC you will get results instantly but it need more money and in SEO it doesn't need more money but it takes time.