What is the money from the bank on this website for?

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by backpackstatus, Jul 5, 2015.

1. backpackstatus

backpackstatus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It seems that every post I do, I get $2 'transferred from the bank'.

What is that for? What can I do with it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Elysium

Elysium
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Moderation Monkey

I moved this to a more suitable forum.

You get money each time from the forum, aka "bank" - right now you cannot do anything with the money accumulated. We have plans for the money however coming soon. :)

3. backpackstatus

backpackstatus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for both moving this to a more suitable forum, and for answering my question! I really do appreciate it.

4. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To clarify, every time you post a topic or a reply, you earn a small amount of Forum cash. This forum cash can be used for exchanges in the BAF Cash Exchange Board.

In regards to:
    We don't actually have plans for official services you can get right now with it, other than the ability to change your display name. Anything that is said that doesn't come from one of us Community Leaders (Admins), are not an official service provided by BAF.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JPMaroney

JPMaroney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am also wondering what is the money for. It's a good thing that you ask this question. Now I understand.

6. Winterybella

Winterybella
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am glad you asked the question... I was planing on asking at some point but you beat me to it and I am glad. Those dollars look good there staring at you. I was planning to cash out when I reached $100:D:D.

7. atlantasports

atlantasports
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm taking a shot in the dark here, but I think that it has something to do with the amount of posts that you make, because I am brand new to this forum and I already have 9 bucks raked up.

8. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Rundown again, this is a virtual currency that only relates to this board, and that you earn it by posting or trading it with other users. And you cannot cash it out with actual money. This is because this board is a business advice board, and not a money making forum.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Babbette

Babbette
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you! I had wondered how it all worked as well. Now I'll check out that section of the forum to see what is happening there. :)

10. kitchie

kitchie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not planning to use my forum money yet, I want to make it 1000 before I'll spend mine.

11. tvtaddy

tvtaddy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it is not the real money but like points other forums which you can earn here by participating in the forum.

12. Roselli Taylor

Roselli Taylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can I get my money here? Anyone in this forum can help me?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Keity

Keity
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to know as well. Waiting for more info here.

14. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are really only two ways you can earn forum cash. Those ways, are earning by posting, or by going to the Forum Cash Exchange, and completing exchanges for it. http://www.businessadviceforum.com/forums/baf-cash-exchange.55/

15. jordan94

jordan94
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was wondering the same thing actually. When I first saw it I thought it was actual money I had earned from the site. It is a really cool idea though. I just didn't really understand it at first.

16. RAYEES WANI

RAYEES WANI
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I registered with the post , i wanted to post an official thread of my company , i was told that i have to pay the fee or i have to earn 50$ . I chose the later option i interacted within the forum , i finally got 29$ , but soon i saw that it was gone, i doont know why . i want the help from Admin to understand fully what is this and how can i go ahead .

Thanks ,
    Rayees

17. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

What exactly do you mean by "official thread" - do you mean an advertisement? If so, you are correct. You either have to earn enough BAF cash to post the ad, or you can pay $4.95 in actual cash. Other than that, we really don't have accommodations for an "official" thread for a company. You can't really use a forum thread for official company communications.
    As far as the amount of BAF Cash you have earned, you currently have $4. BAF Cash is earned for quality posts in many of the forums, but not all. I checked your profile, and you do not have any warnings - yet. It is possible that the posts you made to make $29 were not up to our quality standards, but were not technically violations of our rules, so they were removed without giving you warnings, but still resulted in a loss of BAFCash. So ! checked our "Junk Posts", but none of the posts there were yours - the latest date on them is October 19th. Someone higher up than me will have to look into this for you.

18. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wanting to change my display name for a long time. I wonder how much forum cash i would need to be able to do that. Can you point me to that page please.

19. RAYEES WANI

RAYEES WANI
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah thanks for your prompt response , i will wait for the redressal of my query so that i can move ahead . Have a nice day ahead

20. BA

BA
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Hi there.

You posted in the Website & Business Promotion section and did not have enough BAF cash to post there. Your thread was removed because you did not have enough BAF cash. Once you earn $50 in BAF cash either by making quality contributions or purchasing the BAF cash you can post your thread in the Website & Business Promotion section. No BAF cash was removed from your account because of the post. There were several other posts that were removed because of low quality but no warnings were given. This resulted in the loss of BAF cash. These were short posts mainly. An example is that one of them just said "Thanks" so it was removed.

With all of that being said. You seem to be a great community member and we really look forward to seeing you in here. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to contact myself or one of our other moderators. Thanks for your understanding.