What is the ideal balance of Keyword

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by hanschristian01, Jun 6, 2010.

1. hanschristian01

hanschristian01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What is the ideal balance of Keyword density and weight that should be kept?

Before I begin to dilute out the effectiveness of the targeted keywords or key phrases for Google, how many varied keywords could I possibly have? Before they lose their weight, how many times should my target keywords be repeated? In this scenario, what would the perfect balance be?

This query is with regards to the entire page content, against the title tag or even including it. What suggestions do you have for me in this particular situation? What sort of a keyword density equilibrium should I maintain?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Personally I wouldn't worry about keyword density, it's importance is over rated. Including your keyword two to three times on a page is enough.

If you over use keywords, in your text, it will make uncomfortable reading to your visitors and it will look spammy to the search engines. Write for your readers, keep your content natural and include your keywords two to three times on the page.

Have a look at the video below from Matt Cutts at Google, he talks about keyword density between 12 min 40 sec and 13 min 40 sec.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ecI_hCBGEIM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ecI_hCBGEIM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

3. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I made an article on this topic: Keyword Density.

As Fergal said, you should worry about it and even if you go over, it would usually be unintentional. Having no more than 5-10% of the page with keywords shouldn't be an issue. Having something like 30% would be considered spammy and Google will see it, possibly blacklisting your domain.