what is the ethical way of displaying affiliate links

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by asad, Apr 5, 2012.

1. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi gurus,

As of my previous threads, my site down, cloaking, google panda...

I have discussion with my seo guy today. But he rejected any of the problems above. As already i have one site before that also goes down after 3 months with the same situation. That penality was on Nov 28, 2012. And now created new sites but these also hardly run for three months..

So just creating anther question that what is the right way to display affiliate links of cj and amazon etc.. on site to move in right direction....

Regards

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Before we get into what the problem may be, you mentioned that the penalty (not "penality") for the last site was November 28, 2012. As I type this, the date is now April 5, 2012. Unless Google has created a time machine, you probably meant November 28, 2011. Ok, now that I let my wry sense of humor out, let's look at what the problem may be.
    If I understand you correctly, you ad a site that had risen in the rankings, but after 3 months, the ranking dropped. Then, after you created new sites, those also got highly ranked, but also dropped after three months (if that).
    It sounds to me like your SEO guy is doing something he shouldn't in order to quickly increase your rankings, and then either Google discovers whats going on, or what he is doing is not sustainable over the long term. I would have a long talk with your SEO guy, to find out exactly how he is getting your site ranked. Don't accuse him of anything, just approach him with your concerns. If he tries to avoid the subject, , or tries to tell you he is the expert, not you (or something similar), it might be time to find a new SEO guy.

Is this the same coupon site you've mentioned before?

• Like Like x 2
  3. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nov 28 deindexed website was another one related to coupons. After that i created these websites....

4. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Buy a domain name and redirect it to your affiliate link. When your reader clicks on the link in your resource box, they will be redirected to your affiliate link. This practice is acceptable among most publishers.