What is the difference between LED and LCD?

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by kimipatel, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I want to buy LCD or LED TV? Which is the best to buy. Which one i should buy?Could any one tell me Who already used LCD or LED Before?

Thanks.

2. rajesh

rajesh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

LED is better than LCD. It is thinner. That is basically the difference. I have an LED in my living room and and LCD in my bedroom. Basically, there is not much difference between the two. Just LED is more expensive.

3. Tucker933

Tucker933
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They're basically exactly the same aside from how they're backlit. LCD screens use florescent lighting while LED (you guessed it) uses LED's which results in a much clearer, crisp image. LED > LCD, though the difference isn't huge. I personally use an LCD screen.

4. Justinjude

Justinjude
    uix_expand uix_collapse

LED uses light emitting diodes to produce images while LCD uses liquid crystalline display, fluorescent lights to do the same. The picture quality obtained via LED is much sharper than obtained by LCD.

5. Robin Williams

Robin Williams
    uix_expand uix_collapse

LED is a type of LCD. "Regular" LCDs use CCFL (flourescent) light source as their backlight. LED LCDs uses LED light source as their backlight. This provides the LED LCD set better blacks, colors, contrast, and more even image across the panel. So in theory it is definitely a better picture. Also it consumes less energy. But at the current time, you pay a huge price premium for these features. Frankly you're better off, financially, going Plasma over LED LCD in the current landscape.

6. tonydisalva

tonydisalva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello

LED is better than LCD. It is thinner. That is basically the difference. I have an LED in my living room and and LCD in my bedroom. Basically, there is not much difference between the two. Just LED is more expensive.

7. Leejeong

Leejeong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To give you more info regarding that, visit http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/the-difference-between-lcd-and-led-tvs/

Hope that helps :)

8. Lindra Vanz

Lindra Vanz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think LED is better than LCD

9. clairebaf

clairebaf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What really is the difference between LED & LCD aside from LED is thinner, in terms of technical features?

10. sadiyakhan

sadiyakhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

LED and LCD both are the technology provided for the display purpose with color combinations. Though both are much same having some differences that is the major difference between LED and LCD are the source of light provided to them so that they can display colorful images. LCD use fluorescent lamps while LED use light emitting diodes for that purpose.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mobilejammer

mobilejammer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Led is best. it's new technology and its colour ratio is good.

12. jakson0100

jakson0100
    uix_expand uix_collapse

LED LCD display is backlit by LEDs instead of neon tubes, because it is a representation of some particular color ,black for instance, is better than the regular LED LCD.Therefore displays with LED technology are better than ordinary LCD.

13. clairebaf

clairebaf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh.. Thank You. I would read more about it. :)

14. partho

partho
    uix_expand uix_collapse

LEC determine(light-emitting diode) & LCD means (liquid crystal display) LED televisions are going to look better than other LCD screens

15. rajalakshmi

rajalakshmi
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

what is difference between LED and LCD?

LCD stands for Liquid Crystal Display. The name came because the screen itself behaves like a liquid if we touch.
    LED stands for Light Emitting Diode. In this, small diodes are used as Light emitting devices. LED's have more advantage than LCD's.

16. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

LED is better than LCD and more features too. You better go for LED if you are buying.

17. amal

amal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No doubt LED TV is latest innovation of technology and has been derived from LCD TV . Thus it owes good features and a bit costly than LCD TV. If you do not have a tight budget than i think you must go for LED TV.

18. neha2215

neha2215
    uix_expand uix_collapse

LED is a type of LCD. "Regular" LCDs use CCFL (flourescent) light source as their backlight. LED LCDs uses LED light source as their backlight.

19. jiashia

jiashia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

LED do have real black colors, LCD do not. It may be noticed in dark room (environment where movies usually watched) black colors look like dark grey, that is because of technology evolved, LCD pixel do not have light itself it is reflection from lamp that located both sides of your monitor. In the same time LED do not have such issues as every LED pixel is lamp itself

20. aristro

aristro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

LED is the latest technology, It come excellent picture quality with more mega dynamic contrast ratio and less power consumption than LCD. Samsung or Sony is great brand. However I would recommend Samsung over Sony, it comes with better features and cheaper price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.