What is the difference between Humming bird and Penguin 2.1?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by border, Nov 13, 2013.

1. border

border
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi friends,
    Some days before my website affected by Google Algorithm.But i don't know my website affected by Humming bird or Penguin 2.1.So i want to know about the difference between the algorithm of Humming bird and Penguin 2.1.

2. amitabha197

amitabha197
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry I am unable to post the link yet, I have no permission for that. You can Google by typing "FAQ: All About The New Google "Hummingbird" Algorithm search engine land", and you can visit the 1st link to get a brief of your answer.
    Google is helping the real owners to come up. Again content is the KING, and now informative links are also in a priority.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

For those who were following the guidelines the way they should, Hummingbird should not effect them, so it was probably Penguin. Take a look at where you are getting your links from, and what type of links they are. If you have too many of the same type of link, and/or from the same website, or type of website, you've found your problem. You can then ask the website owners to remove the links, then use the Disavow tool for the rest.

4. Priyanka Sharma

Priyanka Sharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hummingbird updates only refine search result its not effect your site . So don't afraid from hummingbird update. Penguin 2.1 effected many sites its over to your link building techniques. Check your google webmaster for links iF you have message regarding manual web spam then take some serious action and remove spamming link which you are makes in previous for your websites.

5. spyindiaankur

spyindiaankur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Penguin 2.1 is the 5 edition of Google's Penguin updates. Penguin update is related to your off page activities. It punishes those websites which are overly getting back links from low quality sites. Whereas Hummingbird update is concerned with providing better search results on question based search quarries also known as semantic search for example if you type "where I can buy Gibson guitar?" then it will show exact results based on your location.

6. kevinkrieger

kevinkrieger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hummingbird specifically to improve Google search because search engines now have to handle more complex search quires from users. The Penguin algorithm updates work as part of Google’s overall search algorithm Hummingbird and will continue helps Google search for bad links deep into websites.

7. marrick

marrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your website got affected negatively, then it is probably the Penguin Update. Hummingbird is not designed to punish websites that have spam backlink profile.

8. mobilejammer

mobilejammer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Basically Google's Humming Bird updates is nothing but a search query algorithm which gives you much exact result of your search query. And Penguin
    focus on only contents.

9. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Which one is more important humming bird or penguin?

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

It depends on what your end result needs to be. If you are a webmaster doing SEO on your site, then Penguin is more important. If you are a searcher using Google, then Hummingbird allows you to get better, more accurate results, so Hummingbird is more important. As I mentioned in my previous post, as long as you are doing things properly, according to the provided guidelines, then Hummingbird should not affect your results.

11. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Another way to say what joeroxx is saying is that if your problem is Penguin, you may be able to fix that problem by working on your SEO.

If your problem is Hummingbird, then you were probably getting traffic for which your site is not deserving. If that is the case, then re-working your SEO is not going to solve that problem. Your solution is to get better content to answer the questions that are being asked.

12. EUWindowsHost

EUWindowsHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This new technology hummingbirds affect to our site, our ranking has fallen. But, if you have high budget for advertising to google ads, your ranking will never drop, your page will always on the first page. :dunno:

13. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you joeroxx for giving right information on humming bird and penguin.