What is the Biggest Problem You Face

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Tecknowoman, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You're on BAF because you need advice about a business you have or you want to start one.

Can I ask you what your biggest problem is for example is it being overwhelmed by all the info out there, not knowing where to start to get where you want to go, is it fear, is it.........?

Thanks in advance for your great replies

#1 Tecknowoman, Mar 25, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  2. eddane

eddane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For the type of issue that you are describing I suggest people read biographies of famous entrepreneurs - very inspiring!

Ed

3. etradecash

etradecash
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it is extremely important for the people seeking advice in this or any forum, to be specific generalization only leads to misinterpretation and confusion

Regards

Mark McKenzie

4. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all... As far as I know about BAF, I think that......
    BAF is not just all about asking questions, resolving problems or seeking advice ..But it is more than that...
    It is about understanding nature of different businesses, learning through other members experience, problem faced by them and mutual discussion....How a happening news can affect the prospects of businesses, what are the opportunities available in different parts of the world, nature of business environment there...we can do a lot on BAF...just you have to open your eyes and mind...It will give you a glimpse of showcase of business world>>> :)

5. stevebarnard

stevebarnard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Tecknowoman,

For starting up any business, follow these steps:
    1) Explore and design your business
    2) Get business assistance and training
    3) Choose a business startup location
    4) Capitalize/finance your business
    5) Find out the legal structure of your business
    6) Register a business name & design with some online websites
    7) Get a TIN code & register for state and local taxes
    8) Employer responsibilities
    9) Market your business through online/offline channels
    10) Coordinate with other businessmen and experts pros
    11) Provide all work within a deadline
    12) Always focus on quality rather than quantity
    The above rules could help your SMB. If you want to startup a partnership based business then check the background of your partner for sure, whether he/she is genuine and interested in long term business or not.

6. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me it's finding the time to do everything I need to and having no time for the things I'd like to do or learn beyond that. It's frustrating especially when you're at the mercy of circumstances beyond your control like the weather. Sure I can get up earlier, but if the electricity's out, there's not much point.

Yesterday is a perfect example. My whole state had tornadoes and severe thunderstorms from early in the day yesterday. Power was lost for several hours all over and although it's now restored (and still out in some parts), we're going to get hit again later this evening. The Storm Prediction Center's telling us we can expect a severe storm with tornadoes as well as wind damage and hail. And we're also under a flash flood watch LOL. So now I'm scrambling to get done as much as I can on my computer before we lose it again! It's maddening. But I guess at least I don't need to try and fight my way through it to get to my work so I can't complain really.

Maybe I need some kind of emergency planning in place for such eventualities. I'm not sure how I'd manage that though when it's just me, myself and I. :)

7. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My biggest problem is that I live in a different country to the place of my business. This will be corrected later this year.

8. Lingua21

Lingua21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Every business has its ups and downs.

The biggest fear for me are the quiet periods when not much work is coming in and I end up wondering when things are going to improve but I love the buzz when business picks up and when there are not enough hours in the day.

9. makatiofficespace

makatiofficespace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I loss so many investor and I dont know how to handle it. But you just need to be calm, set your priority and be humble

10. DKeithD

DKeithD
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me, its deciding when and where to start, and the resources that have to be used to be successful in your Business niche.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

DKeithD please feel free to start a new thread and post any questions you have, in our relevant forum section. We'd be delighted to help and offer suggestions.

12. Ash

Ash
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I haven't had to ask for help very much on this forum, to be honest. But I know that this forum will come in handy if and when I ever do need help.

13. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sean, I'm just curious. What country will you be both living and working in? I have family in Dornstadt and Berkshire.

14. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most business starters biggest problem is their confidence to compete along with other larger businesses. They tend to lose grip of their goals sometimes when they are in the middle of the competition and that big competitors tend to overcome them until they lose their confidence. Not being stereotypical, but most business starters suffer from this - not that they do not know where to start but how to maintain what they have started and keep on growing.

15. Anderson Vanessa

Anderson Vanessa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My biggest problem is that I've always got the fear of my stocks crashing in the back of my mind... although I'm aware after a while this fear becomes smaller.

#15 Anderson Vanessa, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012