What is the best way to rank for Keywords?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Msabapat, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Msabapat

Msabapat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey everyone,

I run a small start up that fixes Apple products. I've been in the biz for a few years now and would like to seriously corner the market. I've been running the business with moderate success, but would like to run it now as though I was a Harvard business grad - Very aggressively with the sole purpose of maximizing every dollar.

The site is currently barely ranked for the keywords I need.

What are the best ways to rank for specific keywords?

I've just hired a firm to get started on some Guest Blogging and Ghost blogging with my keywords involved. I've also just hired a copywriter to write up some good copy for all of my products, with the keywords in mind.

What else do you guys think I should do?

Cheers
    Mark S

2. Ronan

Ronan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Be careful who you hire, make sure that they have a good reputable name for them selves. I have heard of so many people getting screwed when it comes to outsourcing link building etc and SEO in general.

Get talking about it online, every where you can and make sure you have a good structure to your website.

Have you been using Adwords?

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Ronan makes a very good point. You hired a firm, and they are doing Guest blogging and Ghost Blogging? I would fire this firm immediately, and hire someone who knows what they are doing. A professional SEO firm will make sure you are pursuing the right keywords for maximum effective traffic, thoroughly examine your site, fix anything that might be holding you back, and then create a diverse linking campaign that will give you the best possible results.
    One thing you do not want to do is judge an SEO firm based on price. A legitimate firm will work with you to get the most effective program you can afford.

4. Msabapat

Msabapat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Ronan and joeroxx,

Thanks Ronan, I didn't go with the firm primarily on price, they were featured in a local magazine about their Guest Blogging so I figured I'd start my SEO campaign (which I'm doing myself mostly) with this firm.

Hey Joeroxx, I've thought about firing them as well, mostly because they didn't even ask for keywords when we got started.

My strategy thus far for SEO has been to outsource bits of it such as Guest Blogging, Ghost Blogging and content writing. I have not thought as far out as webpage layout, mostly because I figured it wouldn't make that drastic a difference.

From what I'm understanding, I should hire a full service SEO firm that will handle all the tasks involved? There isn't any way I can rank for my specific keywords in my local market?

Thanks for the advice guys, really appreciate it!

5. Priyanka Sharma

Priyanka Sharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hey if you want to rank of your keywords then firstly analysis your website. check on page optimization , titles , Google indexing, robot.txt and webmaster errors. After successfully submitted your site in webmaster then started link building techniques. You can use all techniques like forum posting, blog commenting, article , guest blogging and social media. in 15 days of time period you can see improvement in your website keywords.

6. marrick

marrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You just have mentioned local market. Then you should hire a service provider that has a solid background in doing local SEO. Also, have you checked the resources that will be used in Guest blogging?

The resources should be local as much as possible if you really want to maximize your site's performance in local market.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You're right, if they are blogging for you for SEO purposes, they should know what keywords you are pursuing.

A full service SEO firm, which will handle the entire SEO campaign, is definitely the way to go. You should not hire different firms, each taking care of a different step in the process. They won't communicate with each other, to make sure all the pieces fit together. A full service firm, however, will determine the best keywords for you. You can provide keywords if you wish, so they can analyze them, but they should not have to ask you for keywords. Of course, you will approve the keywords before they start on the on-page optimization and linking.

8. andrewc

andrewc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way to increase keyword visibility his creating manual back links. Writing lots of quality and relative articles really helps your visibility as well. Submit your writings anywhere you can.

9. phptraingtesting

phptraingtesting
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many off page technics to get back links as back links are the backbone to a site where you have to focus on quality not quantity blogging,articles and forum posting will workout to rank your keywords.

10. jamesemma4545

jamesemma4545
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To increase your keyword visibility is by creating manual backlinks.You must be able to write lots of quality and relevant articles for improving the visibility.Submit your content on quality sites for getting backlinks.This will help you to increase the ranking for Keywords.