what is the best way to get traffic to social networking sites ?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by facerecpromo, Sep 23, 2010.

1. facerecpromo

facerecpromo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,All

Social networks have become very popular among marketers but i just want to know that

what is the best way to get traffic to social networking sites.

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Best way to do this is to create a Facebook Fan Page for your site and have it updated as soon as you create a post on your blog.
    To do this, check out my thread here: Autoposting New Blog Entries on Facebook

You can also check out the following threads:
    How can I use facebook or twitter to promote my whiskey stones business?
    How about Facebook Questions as a means of promoting your business?
    Is twitter and facebook is useful in SEO?
    Question about Twitter and Direct Traffic
    Twitter is it Worth it?
    Twitter Advertising
    Why join Twitter?

If yous till have question, feel free to post them here.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

facerecpromo will you be promoting a new social networking site? Or do you want to promote your profile on an existing social networking site?

If promoting a new social networking site, a lot will depend on the niche market you are targeting, so perhaps you could please tell us a little about that.

4. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Join social networking sites, and be sure to add relevant content so as to make people interested in you. Next you have to network, and by networking that means building relationships on-line without trying to convince people to buy your product. If people trust you and respect you, chances are they will trust your product as well.

5. ava_camen

ava_camen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

join groups, add members and posts with good contents to keep your members coming back for more and participate in your page :)

6. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was searching the net for increasing traffic on my website.. I came upon some services offered by people wherein they tend to divert a considerable amount of traffic to a particular website.... I don't know whether this is right way or legal...But further to my astonishment a very near friend of mine has offered me this service at very cheap rates of $6 per 1000 visits.... I don't know whether this can increase my traffic on my facebook page, on my website and still is in very much dillemma to try this service...!!

7. hyperbolic

hyperbolic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on the scope of your social networking site. SEO would be the way to go if it's for a worldwide market. But with the emergence of local, location-based social networking sites,print media is still a viable way of doing things. That's why you get annoying bulk mail. Because for many marketers, it WORKS.