What is the best way to educate someone of your product?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by draz, Jan 20, 2010.

1. draz

draz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you believe it's through the information that is on your website, or through word of mouth or something else?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It depends on lot on the product in question draz. If your product is not a very expensive one the best way to educate your market might be to give them free samples, so that they can learn about your product by actually using it. If your product is expensive such as a car, the best way could be by letting potential customers use it for free on a trial basis, like on a test drive. If you can please give us a little more info on what you are selling we will try to give you more specific business advice and suggestions.

3. draz

draz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The product is organic fruit and vegetables. I know I could tell people the positives of eating organic food etc or give them the added benefits however am not to sure through what medium is the best way to get this information accross.

Thanks once again.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

How important is it for you to educate your consumers on the benefits of eating organic products? Will they not already be aware of these benefits? Perhaps you would be better served by focusing on communicating one single message - the fact that your fruit and veg is organic?

Saying all that, maybe you could have a leaflet printed that outlines the benefits of organic food and hand it to your customers when appropriate. Or you could have some of the key benefits printed on your packaging (if you have any) or any of your delivery items (e.g. a company van or even on baskets you use to carry the product).

5. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of the effective method is through Picture Viewing. People understand far better and more quickly to pictures than any others. Maybe it will be worth if you can publish some effective pictures-work and then publish it to the local market and international as well.

Besides, a proper language speaking may also be beneficial in product sale. However, educating on easy way is through Pictures-Arts.

6. mggc

mggc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I definitely agree with DEADMAN, since people understands a lot more easier when they can see pictures, they'll be interested with what information you'll give them. It is also important that you're brief but informative with how you deliver your organic fruits and vegetables information.

Good luck with your business! :)

7. makatiofficespace

makatiofficespace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Through advertisements but mostly in T.V advertisements. The creativity and catchy taglines are what mostly affects the viewer's perception of a certain product. It is the kind of ad that can make a specific goods or service be retained in the mind of a potential or present customer.

8. bistones

bistones
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your service and your company is a great way to increase profits and build a strong, dependable consumer base. For example, Highlight Professional Accomplishments, Certificates and Awards. Share Testimonials. Be Honest and Straightforward. Uphold the Reputation of your Industry.
    More info.

9. flagella08

flagella08
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it depends on your product. mine are food products so my profits depends upon those who were able to hear the palatability of my products. i am also telling other friends about them. i also texted others. there are really lots of ways to inform people about your products.

10. gtt

gtt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Depends on a specific product that you're promoting. For example, if you're marketing perishable products, might as well come-up with a free-sampling method is a better way of marketing. After all, they're gonna be the your potential clients and your market at the end of the day. Let the consumer-ends speak for the quality of your products. Then get in touch with a media practitioner which would help you build more promotions with your product.

11. heatseeker

heatseeker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Viral marketing works much better than other type of marketing, and it will seem much reliable and legitimate when someone tells you about some business..

12. Sahrah

Sahrah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've found through personal experience that the use of direct mail is still useful these days in getting the word out. I have actually found a company that you can buy special envelopes covered with drawings and pictures so that whoever receives it will definitely want to open it. It's a great idea and I think you should check it out!

It's not letting me post the link but the company is called PDA Marketing Inc. and you can go to their online store and check out all the cool products they have.

13. tomcruisesky

tomcruisesky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the best 3 words formula to sell your product:
    "LIE"

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I certainly wouldn't agree with that. Honesty really is the best policy when it comes to sales. Most people will see through lies, before making a purchase and those that don't, will quickly learn the truth after they have made a purchase. The best approach is to offer something of real value to those who are looking for it.

15. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@ Fergal.. me too, I wouldn't agree with that. Lie is not the proper way to sell product. Let's just say, At first you lied and the product was sold, so how about the second time around? You cannot make sure that they will going to patronized your product again because you lied in the first place. In the business we actually need the honesty so that customers will keep coming back on you.

Everything in this world is reciprocal. When you do good, expect to receive good, when you do bad well bad things will come along the way. What goes around comes around. Be Honest at the very beginning and everything follows. Cheers.

16. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Know who your buyer is. Who already buy this, who do they buy from, how do they buy, why do they buy. Know them in as much detail as giving them a name, gender, occupation, income, what clothes they wear, married, kids, hobbies and then when you know them you know how to communicate with them.

What is their biggest desire, what is their biggest problem and how can you solve it for them. What is the first big roadblock they have getting from where they are now to their desire - solve that for them.

So for example for organic fruits and veges they may be wanting to be at optimal health so freedom may be their biggest desire (freedom from disease, freedom to play with the kids, etc)

Their first biggest obstacle may be getting good nutrition - which you can solve by providing healthy foods - which maybe you can use free health recipes for high protein diets (not much in the market beyond high meat based protein and protein supplements so maybe recipes on how to do that as a vegetarian using organic food recipes) to magnetise them to you as subscribers.

If you don't know who they are and what they want get onto forums about organic food, look at what they are asking, what they want to know, what their demographics are and then you know them and what they want so you know how to market to them best.

17. rainbow86

rainbow86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think so, final the quatity of product is great.
    I research some B2C websites about electronics product.
    I analysis the matter from two points: quatity and price
    eg. newegg (http://www.newegg.com/):
    the quality is great, the price is normal.

ebay (http://www.ebay.com/):
    generally speaking, ebay supplies personal product, quality is so srict. so the price and quality is ueven.

sourcinggate (http://www.sourcinggate.com/):
    The quality product is good,the more important point is low pirce.

Of course, tons of b2c website is worthy research, if you find more website,you will tell me.

18. Brain

Brain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the best way would be by marketing. Word of mouth is the best because people trust what they hear from their friends. Positive word of mouth will bring you clients and business beyond your imagination. Every business has a website where they explain the benefits of opting for their products so its no big deal in it. What people say about you matters more to others than what you say about yourself.

19. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think for marketing, internet can be harnessed in major way. social media websites, blogs and tweeting could be used to better effect to achieve this.

20. tomcruisesky

tomcruisesky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

used marketing tools...internet marketing is the best option