What is the best tool for choosing competitive keywords?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by peter90, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peter90

peter90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Everyone,

Actually, I am thinking that what keywords should I choose for optimizing my home page. I read somewhere that I should choose between low, medium and high competitive keywords but I don't know which ones are the best. Which tool should I use to sort that out?

2. ActionEstore

ActionEstore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Use your main keyword in Index page & primary keywords on websites pages. And for best keyword tool Keword planner is a great place for keyword analysis.

3. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can use Keyword Planner, Ubersuggest, Moz keyword difficulty checker, Wordtracker, etc.

4. kpkarthik

kpkarthik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may get your target keywords from your competitor websites.First go to your competitor website home page then type CTRL+u,that URL's view page source will be open after that type CTRL+f then type keyword. it will show all the keywords of your competitor.

5. LauraL_TA

LauraL_TA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Adwords Keyword Planner is a good tool. You want too look for keywords with high search volume & low competition.

6. lets-build

lets-build
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best tool I've found is one called SEM rush. You can see how many page views per month your competitors get from their keywords, obviously it's abit of an estimate but will give you alot more original ideas than keyword planner in my opinion.

#6 lets-build, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

As you have already seen, there are several tools to find keywords related to your homepage. I have used Semrush myself, and it's a good tool to find out what your competitors are ranking for, and will also give you an idea of the amount of traffic each one gets. Google's Keyword Planner ranks keywords as low, medium, and high competition.
    As far as what keywords you use, it's a combination of traffic, competition, and budget. Although the keyword tools will give you the information you need to make a decision, I am unaware of any that will make the decision for you. Based on the information you get from the tools, and the amount you have budgeted for marketing, you would need to decide whether it is best to pursue a highly competitive keyword that gets a lot of traffic but not as many conversions vs. a low or medium keyword that doesn't get as much traffic, but gets more conversions, or a combination of both.

8. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google keyword planner is the best tool ever I have used and I suggest everyone as well to go with that. There might be other tools as well but the usability factor in google keyword planner is more effective and usable.

9. lets-build

lets-build
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The problem with keyword planner is it's giving you the same keywords as the thousands of other people who use it, what you need is to find keywords with less competition than that.

10. David Parkes

David Parkes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are lots of online tool available for keyword research but I only use Google Keyword planner for the same.
    and I would recommend you firstly select long tail keywords rather than high competitive.

11. ActionEstore

ActionEstore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Use Google keyword planner if you are looking for free tool. It will clearly show you all the keywords & also traffic to that keyword.

Keywords that you can Choose:-

Home Page- Always use your Main keyword ( It Can be high competition but atleast Google bot can read it as the website with associated main keywords.)
    Other Pages- Use keyword with mix of High competition & low competition.

12. Samantha Geitz

Samantha Geitz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Google Adwords is the best tool compared to other tools.

13. ActionEstore

ActionEstore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What ever you have said is true... It repeats no. of keywords but in certain groups...just check the pattern & you will realize the that Google planner is actually showing true results.

14. SConsultant

SConsultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use Google Adwords and analyse SERP page(s). Sometimes a niche keyword performs good - sometimes a niche is a niche: no business results at all...

15. JPMaroney

JPMaroney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good tools for keyword are GKP(Google Keyword Planner). I used it so many times and it is great!

16. gregoryh

gregoryh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Market samurai has 10 day free-trial or so. It is one of the best keyword research tools for SEOers.

17. CoolHandCol

CoolHandCol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use Market Samurai, Microniche Finder and Traffic Travis - you can get free trials of them all and the full versions are not expensive

18. ubitestechnologi

ubitestechnologi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google keyword planner is the best tool for the choosing competitive keywords. wordtracker keyword tool is also good tool.

19. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agree with ActionEstore, Google keyword planner is best for optimizing the keywords..I am also using it and it gives keywords searches, competition along with suggestion about keywords.

20. samuel0785

samuel0785
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google keyword planner and Wordtracker both are the best tool. However, keyword planner will provide keyword competition for PPC only. It will not provide information about organic keyword competition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.