What is the best service desk online?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by ElaineZhang, Mar 28, 2012.

1. ElaineZhang

ElaineZhang
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am running a small business online now and i really do not want to do too much job one customer service. Can i use a service desk software? What is the best service desk online? How can i use it? Please help! I saw a service desk software online last night, it is called iKode PHP Helpdesk, I want to buy it but i am not sure whether it works? Here is the website: http://www.phphelpdesk.org/, please give me some useful advise. Thank you very much!

2. Fowler

Fowler
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have not tried the script your linked to but I have used a similar script previously called osTicket. I was part of a support team which provided help to users and this was the script that was used. We were dealing with some personal information so it offered us a way to speak with the users and provide help and allowing them and us to give information privately. From what I can remember it worked quite well and it is free. You could try it out for free and see it does what you need it to do and if not then you can just delete it. The current version was released in 2010 although looking at their forum, there has been a "Developer Preview Release" posted in the last couple of weeks so it is still being developed.

This type of helpdesk softwares are useful for offering 1 to 1 support or help to your customers. It also allows more then 1 staff member to offer support and is more organised then using emails. I don't know what your business is so I don't know how useful this type of support system would be. If your customers are likely to only ask simple questions, a detailed FAQ and a contact page might be enough. If you are likely to get alot of similar questions which need longer replies then a type of knowledgebase might be useful or a forum where users could answers without signing up or needing to ask. This would reduce the workload on you and any staff you have. The type of software you linked to would mean any answers you give will only help that one user so you might end up giving very repetitive answers to your customers which could end up wasting alot of your time.

• Like Like x 2
  3. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Last time I use OS ticket too, it is open source and free of charge. Elaine, while consider to purchase a pay software, you may consider OS ticket.

4. Donald0814

Donald0814
    uix_expand uix_collapse

FocalScope

I recommend you try the trial version of FocalScope. It is a good help desk system that is easy to use. I’ve been using the commercial edition for 5 months without any major issues. Well worth a look www.focalscope.com

5. andrea10

andrea10
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah you can try FocalScope I also had used its premium edition for a year and it really good to use. Engineers working with this are really dedicated and always assist for the required configuration.