What is the best SEO tactics for the subpages of the site?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Jhoinsmath, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Jhoinsmath

Jhoinsmath
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I doing SEO for a large site (20+ pages). What are the best practices in regards to the sub-pages of the site? Should I put keywords for sub-pages, and if yes how similar can they be to my home page keywords? What about description and page title, how long should those be and how similar to the home page? Is there anything else that can be done for SEO optimization?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The only difference between SEO for the home page and sub-pages is that the keyword phrases should be specific to the page. For instance, if someone has an antique furniture store, and the sub-pages have to do with antique chairs, the keywords for that sub-page would be related to antique chairs - in fact, "antique chairs" would probably be one of the phrases.
    Titles should be no longer than 70 characters, description no longer than 190, and the same principle applies. They should be related to the subject of the page.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ladydeluxehotel

ladydeluxehotel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your homepage must have different and unique keyword, on the other side you can use these keywords from your homepage to your sub-pages as long as you add some words and make it more specific. Also get some keywords from your sub-pages' title. Do some bookmarking and use some of your sub-pages URL in your sig or in blog commenting.