What is the best free blogging site for personal marketing?

Discussion in 'Content Marketing' started by Samantha Elliot, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Samantha Elliot

Samantha Elliot
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My own research tells me that Wordpress in one of the most intuitive and well used blogging sites. In case there are any holes in my research (and there probably will be), does anybody else have any suggestions on the best blogging site to use for personal marketing? If so, why?

2. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm not sure what you mean by "use for personal marketing" but wordpress.com is the biggest and probably best free blogging site for personal blogs.

3. cjarrodsnow

cjarrodsnow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress is an easy to use, free blogging site that will have you up and running in no time. Another one is Blogger.com which is google based. If you are looking to monetize your blog, I believe you will have to pay for a Wordpress upgrade to run ads. However, when you establish a blogger account, you can set up an adsense account and have their ads run with your blogs (I believe blogger is run by Google).

The upside to Wordpress is you will have people following you fairly quickly since it is so popular and because there are so many people on there looking to network... while this won't help with search engine traffic per se, it will get you some networking traffic.

I personally set up an account with each and use them as a way of promoting my websites/blogs... and Wordpress definitely produces better activity levels... but I think the niche also influences the activity as some niches see more activity than others.

Hope this helps, a little.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bwendo

Bwendo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use blogspot.com as it is free and has a huge existing network of users. You can register any number of variations of your name or keywords so you can target your audience.

5. onlito

onlito
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress.org is fine but I'd only use it if you want to run a blog type of site. If you only want to put your business card on the web you could go for a website builder as well. Weebly, Jimdo, Webs or Yola are possible options. Please specify your question in case you want a more detailed answer.

Cheers,
    Robert

6. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No doubt wordpress is the biggest and most popular blogging option because it only focus on blogging.And next is google's blogspot,it wouldn't be that popular if it wasn't the product by google.There are many others but none of them are good enough,I suggest you to go with any of these two.

7. malim

malim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress is best open source to create blogs, personal website. It is easy to use & organized content with wordpress.. Even more you'll enjoy a lots of free plugins & templates..

8. patrick.s

patrick.s
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blogger.com seems to get more attention then wordpress.com does.
    But if you want an easy to use interface I would suggest wordpress.com

9. John Steve

John Steve
    uix_expand uix_collapse

WordPress and blogger are good to use . These two are good to start new blogs and are easy to use. And, for making your blog more presentable is in your hands. For this , you may use relevant images , good templates ( for templates you may design it with the help of templatetoaster) , quality content etc..

10. Baloo

Baloo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've previously used Wordpress and it is to me the best and easiet blogging-tool to use. There's a huge amound of really good templates to use if you want to personalize the blog a little more for your own personal wants and needs.

11. Devlon Infotech

Devlon Infotech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I started with Blogger. WordPress.com is also good but have very limited options, compared to which Blogger is quite flexible and user friendly, easy enough to understand the features and is the best choice for start up bloggers.

12. Magento_oCodewire

Magento_oCodewire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Promotional Links are not allowed in normal forum posts. This post has been edited to remove a promotional link.
    For Blogging marketing, I always prefer to work with WordPress Blogging platform. It provides the reliable platform for the bloggers. It provides the best features and functionality to the blogging platform.

#12 Magento_oCodewire, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2016
  13. jaydeep

jaydeep
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes you are right, wordpress is the biggest blogging site used by every one and it is very popular too, apart from this you can try blogger and weebly which are also having high PA and DA.