What is the best CMS for a website??

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by igorvolseo, Jul 29, 2010.

1. igorvolseo

igorvolseo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi..
    I want to a website for my finance business, so let me know what is the best CMS for my business website..

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

3. BDR_London

BDR_London
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This question gets asked time and time again my personal preference if you have no coding knowledge and you want a blog go for Wordpress there are plenty of plugins and lots of advice can be found online if you get stuck. If you want a website then and you want something opensource I like Drupal again plenty of add ons and a great community to help when you get stuck. For eccomerce I like Magento. All three are good in terms of SEO.

4. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree that the best CMS depends upon your needs, functionality etc. I find for most people I work with that WordPress satisfies their biggest needs which are flexibility, customisation, SEO and usability. The biggest issue most businesses I know face are an inability to make changes to their site easily.

However WordPress isn't perfect for everyone and there are times that Joomla and Drupal will be better but again it all depends on what you really need in a website CMS.

5. drrpro

drrpro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress by far.

Free, easy to customize and literally thousands of applications that can make it do what you need. I've even set-up membership sites for my clients using WP!

6. charlesying

charlesying
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A good content management system can be an important part of any website design.
    This is because it can enable you to update your own site. This is fantastic since it means that once the original website design has been paid for you may not need to pay continuing fees in order to keep your site looking fresh and current. However, there are many different content management systems and some are easier to use than others.

7. habeebraja

habeebraja
    uix_expand uix_collapse

See,there are lots of CMS used in market and they all are good.This depend upon your requirement and features which you are looking for.So according to the feature of the website we can select the CMS.

8. Mailware

Mailware
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We use wordpress. You can easily purchase a template (themeforest.com is an excellent place to start) ~$35. Word Press is free, and you can pretty much get it up in less than an hour.

-Mailware.com

9. experttalk

experttalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

fergal Said Right .....There is no best CMS......But My dear Friend Fergal Now a days Word press has capability to Do this task......WP have lots of features ......for seo friendly u can opt Word Press.......

10. freelancemom

freelancemom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What I love about wordpress is the fabulous open source community that contributes to it.

11. charliebrown408

charliebrown408
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many online business cms available for your product. You have to choose that on based on customization which product you preferred.
    You have many options on the CMS software.

12. Kavita Martin

Kavita Martin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How is my Website templatemagician.com

Take a Review of my website and suggest me about the designing, structure and sitemap of this website.

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Kavita, thanks for joining and posting on our business forum. In order to get a review of your site you should post your request by posting a new thread in our Website & Graphic Reviews section. Please read the rules, before requesting your review.

14. kapilv

kapilv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys ! yes i also think so that word press have really explored itself and very powerful open source supported and also have seo friendly interface if you require that type of interface.

15. Kevin1

Kevin1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, I found Wordpress as one of the nice CMS for building any website. It is easy to create any number of web pages easily also the modification can be done easily at any point of time without requiring the help of the experts.

16. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

WordPress is best suited for blogs. If your wanting a CMS which allows you to make news articles, make new pages etc then try Joomla. It's a great CMS with a vast amount of themes and modifications availble.

http://www.joomla.org
    http://demo.joomla.org > Demo available on the right hand side under Option 2.

17. OliviaSSLGuru

OliviaSSLGuru
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do check out for Drupal. I have been using it since it launched and never really had to look for another. Its one of the best cms around. You can find its pages being crawled in weeks.

18. rajni

rajni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will suggest Joomla and Drupal will be better but again it all depends on what you really need in a website CMS.