What is the bad effect of nofollow backlink

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by James12smith, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    I have create more no-follow high pr back-link but my site is going to ranking but i have heard no-follow link is bad.Really Any bad effect of no-follow link?

2. matthewgayle

matthewgayle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No-follow links will penalise a website ranking in the case of massive spamming. But if your web site must several no follow links, then your site may get google's red eye.

3. dir4uk

dir4uk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

no-follow backlinks won't give any interest having it = not having it
    but according to some webmasters it does help for rankings

4. Amasty

Amasty
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having nofollowed links pointing to your site help a) to get traffic; b) to gain trust and citations.
    When it comes to Google penalties, one will be penalized much faster for followed links that for nofollowed ones, as the former may be considered as paid.

5. kevinkrieger

kevinkrieger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No follow links only gives traffic to your site, it doesn't any benefits in site ranking. No follow links gives wrong impression to the search engine which results in dropping the ranking of site.

6. Sean_DeSilva

Sean_DeSilva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is some misinformation in this thread. No follow links do not penalize a website. Otherwise, all you would have to do to penalize one of your competitors is build some no follow links to his website.

No follow links were encouraged by Google for website owners to use to distinguish content they do not vouch for. They allow Google to better distinguish high-quality links from low-quality links. blog comments are in example of links that are typically marked as no follow, because the website owner does not control their content.

The big SEO websites have put no follow links under the microscope and found that they don't pass as much link equity as do-follow links, but they do pass some link equity.

7. saahil2310

saahil2310
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No follow backlinks are not that harmful for your site's ranking. It is the quality of the site from where you get that link matters the most. No follow links should not be in the higher ratio of your total backlinks. These are the source of traffic but not good for page rank and ranking in search results.

8. Halwits

Halwits
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is no negative effect of no-follow backlinks whether it is coming from relevant website or not. These type of backlinks are good for generating traffic for a website.

9. hunteryz

hunteryz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No-follow can help your ranking, If a site with high PR but no reviews, You did one, even thought it's no Follow, it still help your ranking a lot.

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I'm not sure I understand your point. You should probably separate your post into a few sentences, rather than just one. Why exactly would a site with high PR, but no reviews, be helped by no-follow links? Why would reviews help a site's Google ranking in the SERPs? You also said "You did one" - one what? A no-follow link? And why would one no-follow link help "a lot"? We need a more detailed explanation of your post.

11. hunteryz

hunteryz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do the test, Google still think that nofollow anchor as a high quality backlink,
    You can choose a low competitive keyword as an anchor text make reviews on a high PR page (make sure your reviews are the signal one)
    Wait for around three days, check your Google webmaster tools, and check that keyword rank on Google.

12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I've got a few problems with this, starting with your choice of a low competition keyword. There's usually a reason why they are low competition, usually because no one searches them. So, even if your method does work, it doesn't bring much traffic, so it's a waste of time for those who have a business website that needs buying traffic so the business can make money. The next problem is with your choosing a high PR website to submit a review on. This is obviously a review created to send links to your site, rather than a real review, and is specifically intended to manipulate a site's ranking, which is a violation of Google's Webmaster Guidelines. The third problem I have is your waiting three days. if you can get a high-ranking in three days, it's not going to last. When SEO is done properly, the purpose is to maintain a high ranking, not just to obtain it.

13. hunteryz

hunteryz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are so many keywords you can choose, but your traffic mainly come from long tail and those low competition keywords,
    It's very important to find keyword effective index ( the most important thing to get success ), I get this wrong, so, I waste 5 months
    Maybe you rank 10 low competitive keywords could be spend same time to rank one high competitive, and the traffic is also hard to say. if the low competitive is the high competitive one's long tail, that's perfect.

14. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First, the argument that Google is thinking that an anchor text that is noffolowed is high quality comes with different factors. For example, if you get a link from Wall street journal and it's nofollowed (for example only), Google will still think that the link you got is high quality. Why? Because of the quality of the site itself where you got the link. On the other side, getting a no follow link from a crappy, garbage-looking site, with spammy link profile and low quality content will surely get your site slapped.

Second, low or high competition "keywords" used as an anchor text comes with a risk. If you remember the latest penguin, using pure keyword-based anchor texts brings little value as far as penguin is concern. So even if you choose low competition keywords, you don't have the assurance of getting a good rank unless you do it right. And review for the purpose of ranking is a complete mess in the eyes of Google. You never know Google's ability to determine if a review is intended for manipulating ranking or not. But one thing is for use, they will know it. And if the time comes they found out the reviews are fake, you are doomed.

Third, there is no specific time to know that you were able to rank a keyword. Lots of factors need to be considered. You can target a low competition "keyword" in a highly competitive niche. And ranking for three days is sure impossible unless you do the things that Google doesn't want. Again, if they found out, you are doomed.

15. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

At some point I would agree that long tail keywords bring traffic. But not all. It depends on the niche that you are in. And mostly, if you are optimizing a product site, long tail keywords are unlikely to give you "TARGETED TRAFFIC". Long tail keywords are very useful if you are running a blog that provides information. And most of the time, the behavior of the search behind long tail keywords is mostly to find useful stuffs, ideas, news updates, and lots of free information. The question - is that kind of behavior applicable to all kind of niche in the search? It's a big NO.

I am not a fan of KEI (Keyword Effectiveness index) for some reasons:

1. KEI calculation is not accurate. Why? because the number of search results are not all relevant to the keywords that you are searching because every page that have the word you type in the query can be counted as one of the search results even if it's not relevant to the main topic that a user is searching.

2. Personalized search and other features that added by Google for every user affect the search results dramatically. The number of search results from user A might be different from user B for the same phrase. These features make KEI more inaccurate.

3. Google Keyword Planner brings up limited amount of number of searches for every keyword. They only give you the exact match number. Even if you use other keyword tool the result will still be confusing and not worthy to be calculated using KEI.

16. Azzi87

Azzi87
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is the accurate would recommend you to ignore rest of all post. No-Follow links does help in improving ranking, traffic and it won't penalize the site.

17. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This thread has been closed. If you have something new to add to the discussion, let me know and I will re-open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.