What is SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by 50Cent, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can anyone tell me what is SEO? And it is use for what?

I do not know it anyone tell? :)

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

SEO is short for Search Engine Optimisation and it refers to work you do to improve your websites rankings in the search engines. It is usually split between on-site SEO which includes things like adding title tags and relevant content to your site and off-site SEO which is the promotion you do on other sites, e.g. building links back to your site.

3. forum.wedost.com

forum.wedost.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Getting traffic from search engines are totally free. Now, You have to do some work to get more traffic from search engines to increase the popularity of your website. So, For this, SEO is a special term used. SEO means search engine optimization . You can learn and apply on your website to get more traffic.

4. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The meaning of SEO is Search Engine Optimization. It is process of improving the visibility of a web site or a web page in search engines via the "natural" or un-paid ("organic") search results. There are two types of SEO. 1. On-site, and 2. Off-site.

Here is detailed explanation:

1. On-site SEO - Onsite SEO is the changes you make to your website that will help your web pages to be filed or indexed corectly by the search engines.

2. Off-site SEO - Off-site SEO includes all those steps, taken to get more and more backlinks to your website. Means you are using techniques that are performed indirectly on website.

Hope this helps you and also please let me know if you have any specific question.

5. williamgrey

williamgrey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is the process of getting the quality abcklinks for the web site in terms of developing the rank of the web site in the search engine. Also it can improves the quality traffic to the web site, also there are many seo techniques which areused by all the web masters to get the better result for web site.

6. eMarketSchool.com

eMarketSchool.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi 50Cent,

SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the term used to describe the tricks of the trade that maximize your website-rank in the search engines' results. The higher your rank, the more traffic your site will receive.

SEO is so important because there are millions of users searching online at any one time, and roughly 200 million searches are made per day online! This means that no matter what service you offer, there are hundreds of thousands of related searches per month for YOUR type of product/service.

TO LEARN HOW TO DO IT RIGHT! CHECK:

emarketschool.com/SEO-Course-Overview.html

Best of luck!

Diane Frazee

7. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the explanation guys!

1 Question, if i create a single page portfolio will it affect my website's SEO?

8. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, but if you manage to get good amount of backlinks then it won't make a difference.

9. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ok.. What do you mean by backlinks?

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Diane:

Based on the information you provide, I don't think you can accurately say that there are hundreds of thousands of searchers for 50cent's product or service. Even we would have to research his business and related keywords to determine what keywords are best for him to pursue, and how many searchers are searching for those keywords.
    Although statements like the one above may be helpful in promoting your business and/or website, it may not be helpful for those who who are looking for reliable assistance.

50cent:

Backlinks are links from another site that link "back" to yours. They are also sometimes referred to as Exterior Incoming Links. These are the links that the search engines are looking for to rank your site. The more high quality links you have, the higher you will rank.

#10 Joseph.Shivell, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  11. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can I still increase my seo to the best even I have less back
    Slinks.

12. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

50Cent, there's actually a discussion thread here on the forum that talks about the information you're looking for.

Read it here.

13. eMarketSchool.com

eMarketSchool.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Joeroxx,

Sorry if my content seems misleading, it was not my intention.

When we sit down with clients to perform market analysis, we always use keywords tools to search for high volume keywords - a process I believe you are well aware of.

in 9 out of 10 of the cases there are hundreds of thousands of RELEVANT keywords to the particular niche that we explore.

The only question is how well funded is the person/company that wish to compete for these high-volume keywords. In this regard I totally agree with you that for most marketers it is very difficult to peruse such keywords and should look for more long tail keywords.

To conclude,

Conducting a thorough KW research will almost always yield hundred of thousands of monthly searches. The only issue is whether or not one could actually compete for this high-volume keywords.

Sorry again for not being as clear as I could have.

Best wishes,

Diane

14. alextroat

alextroat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is the procedure of producing traffic and increasing sites visibility and search engine, and it's just content or back links. Also SEO target various types of search, like image search, local search, video search and industry-specific search engines.

15. xanderlangley

xanderlangley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is search engine optimization.It's an extremely important part of internet marketing.Its basically the set of tricks that can be helpful to increase the sites ranking and traffic.

16. dannissmith20

dannissmith20
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation and its a process of improving your websites visibility and rankings in search engines. Its basically divided into two parts i.e. On page SEO and Off page SEO..

17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Closing old thread. If the Original Poster would like it re-opened, please send me a quick PM and I'd be delighted to open it for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.