What is SEO Now ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MBA Trainer, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MBA Trainer

MBA Trainer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From Various discussions I have concluded that for SEO the following techniques are dead

Link Exchange
    Links forum signature
    Links from Guest posts
    Links from article directories

Then what is SEO now ?

2. hanh

hanh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What this means for SEO is that we need to shift our focus from getting traffic from keywords to getting traffic to pages. The recent hot trend in SEO around quality content is one aspect of that transition—it's much easier to drive traffic to a great piece of content, regardless of how keyword-targeted it is. A more content-oriented mindset will also help us build topical authority, which is clearly something Google is interested in; they've spent a lot of time and a lot of money trying to figure out who knows the most about what, and authorship is just the latest development in that ongoing quest...

3. hunteryz

hunteryz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO take so much time, I spend more than 6 months on Chinese Recipes ranking, But it only ranked on 4th page, All old methods seems not working

4. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good original content, well implemented on page optimization and a solid link building campaign is usually more than sufficient for SEO.

SEO is simply to make the site better for search engine in order to increase its visibility on the ..In the process of SEO you tend to rank your keywords on search results so that you’ll get traffic via search engine which is called organic traffic.

5. MBA Trainer

MBA Trainer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@hanh My meaning about SEO is to make visible your site in organic searches for some keywords. My meaning is not get traffic through article marketing

6. NaveenGutta

NaveenGutta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is one method of get traffic on our website. SEO helps us to make our site better and it effect the visibility of our webpage. Deciding to hire an SEO is a big decision that can potentially improve your site and save time, but you can also risk damage to your site and reputation.

7. CoolHandCol

CoolHandCol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good on site SEO is paramount as well as links to relevant authorative websites - preferably through good content

8. webdesignphx

webdesignphx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I follow the same On-Page SEO steps for every website. Some of them end up ranking great. While others do not. That is my only question is why that happens??

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Therein lies the problem. All of the techniques you mentioned in your original post were used for the same reason - to get a website ranked for the desired keywords. The search engines, however, want to provide the best, most authoritative answer for the searcher's query. None of the techniques you mentioned are designed to do that. If, however, by writing informative, helpful articles, someone can show the value of their site(which they have included links to in their articles) for a certain query, that site will be ranked higher in the SERPs.

SEO is not a recipe, where you add the same ingredients and get the same result. It is also not an owner's manual, where you can follow the instructions and put the pieces together to build a specific object. Each individual website has it's own quirks and characteristics, so "the same On-Page SEO steps", as you put it, are not supposed to work on different websites. Each website should be thoroughly evaluated, and then the tasks that need to be done for that particular website can be performed.

10. Maryjohnson1555

Maryjohnson1555
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are working in a positive way and doing all the things you mentioned then i don't think any thing in SEO is dead. if your guest post is going on relevant site you can do it. if you can exchange links in relevant blogs then you can do it. the thing is that you should focus on quality not quantity.

11. MBA Trainer

MBA Trainer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is there any relation of thinking with SEO? Google has announced in January 2014 about Guest blogging. I am just asking new route of SEO ?

12. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I can only say that SEO is really not considered as SEO anymore, I would do so.. Hmmm, it's just that SEO techniques and ways nowadays are really different now, it's more on focusing on building trustworthy and unique articles, and more on the how to help the users, Social Media now is really the most used way to be known online and paid ads, but there are always lots of things to consider, it also depends on what site you are running and optimizing..

13. Hum Students

Hum Students
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dear you right if you don't use all these techniques properly then we don't have it juices. But still you can get benefits of these all things.
    First of all remember that SEO is more about the content and On Page SEO, So you should also focus on it
    2nd you work to share ur pages on Google Plus, Pinterest, twitter and other social media that also helps to improve search position
    when you do link building then choice the website, blogs or forums very wisely just which are related to your website

14. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You can still do guest blogging, just don't do it with the intention of getting links for SEO. The same goes for link exchange - don't do it with the intention of getting links for SEO. There was a question awhile back about linking to a website because visitors might be interested in the content. There was a possibility that visitors to this other website might be interested in the content of the first website, so he, on his own, might decide to link back to them. I see no problem with this situation. the problem arises when people start exchanging links with a large quantity of websites, primarily for SEO purposes. The same thing happened to guest blogging. People started writing guest blogs in order to get links for SEO.
    Mary is right, you should focus on quality, not quantity. If someone wants to link to your website because their visitors might be interested in yours, let them do it. And, if that website might be interesting to your visitors, go ahead and link back. Just remember, it's for the benefit of your visitors, not you. If you can write an authoritative, informative article that readers of another blog may like, by all means, write one. But remember, your intention is to educate and inform.

Current SEO practices use the same principle. Your intention is to educate and inform. You want people who need your services(or products) to think of you when they need them. If you can get them to think of you as an authority in your niche, even better. Of course, you're going to sprinkle a few links here and there, because the search engines still need those. But obtaining links never should have been, never is, and never should be, your primary motivation

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tandy

Tandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I saw your authorship comment - I tried to register for a photo inclusion on my Google page 1-10 entries as I had seen in a book, but I came across an article saying from June 2014 this was no-longer possible - do you know anything about it as according to the book it was a big help?

Many thanks

16. Hum Students

Hum Students
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are more important things than the link building or exchanging of links, that is the matter/content of the website. If you have quality content they people love to give you link. You also have to be social media friendly and build a community on social media sites as now days websites get a lot of traffic from social media sites.

#16 Hum Students, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
  17. natedigi

natedigi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link building still works, it's just a matter of ensuring you use quality links rather than crappy black hat! Also a key factor is keyword density. Stick to natural links, domain.com or brand name rather than the actual keyword. In fact keyword links should not be more than 2% of the actual links. This was a technique used to recover a large clients website after penalty. Have keywords and variants in your meta data to help rank.

18. joy.linford

joy.linford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Links forum signature is still alive and still working for SEO.
    I would recommend you to start Content Marketing.

Content Marketing is all time best strategy in SEO. Google also gives to priority to quality and fresh content every time.

19. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO has gone a step ahead as of today. Instead of blindly building backlinks for any website, its advisable to have a natural set of links built that makes helps gain a relevant set of authority so as to tackle the industry and apparently set up a strong base to reach out to that level.

20. Tonylest75

Tonylest75
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As we know that there is so many new things we have face these days, not only meta-tags effect seo ranking but now a days responsive design also became one of the most important factor in ranking. Google announces, it will roll out a new algorithm update on 21 April that is related to responsive website design.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.