What is RSS Feed in SEO?

Discussion in 'Apps & Software' started by rdsbusiness, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdsbusiness

rdsbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dear Friends,
    Kindly Explain About RSS Feed in SEO...and How it is Work...How to Submit it in Search Engine..Give Explaination Step by Step Please....Thank You!:):rolleyes:

2. jamesmorrison926

jamesmorrison926
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi.

RSS is a Rich Site Summary that deliver regular update changing on web. for example many news-related sites, weblogs and other. RSS solves a problem for people who regularly use the web. It allows you to easily stay informed by retrieving the latest content from the sites you are interested in. You save time by not needing to visit each site individually.
    stepwise solution
    1. Subscribe to an RSS feed :-

When you visit a website that provides news or updates regarding any topic, you will need to browse the website and find a link that includes "subscribe" or "rss." Clicking on this link will bring you to the RSS feed itself. Be aware that not every website offers an RSS feed, so if you can't find one, it might be that the website does not have one.
    • If you want to subscribe to a Wordpress blog, look for a link that reads "Entries (RSS)" or "Subscribe." Most Wordpress blogs will use 1 of these 2 as their RSS feed link, but it is possible for the blog to customize their link names.

Organize your RSS feed :

Whether you've subscribed to 10 or 50 feeds, organizing is a good idea. If your reader allows folders or categories, create a few and use them to separate your feeds.
    • For example, you may want to have a category for " business," a category for " technology," and a category for "mobile" By doing so, you could choose to read all updates to your business feeds at once instead of going through them 1 at a time.

Update and maintain your RSS feed :

Over time, you may find that certain topics no longer interest you. In that case, delete those feeds Keep subscribing to new content that you come across on the Internet that you find interesting.

3. rdsbusiness

rdsbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dear jamesmorrison926,
    Thanks for your wonderful explation.....

4. bmwillsmith

bmwillsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you subscribe to one website using rss, then you can get
    their updates on a regular basis daily, weekly or monthly.
    If will improve website traffic.

5. kobyparsons

kobyparsons
    uix_expand uix_collapse

An RSS feed is important for your site because you can allow your readers to subscribe to your content. In turn, they can share these feeds on social networks.

6. spyshekhar

spyshekhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

RSS is a really simple syndication to submit in search engine you can make a feed by using feedity.com and submit that feed in search engine

7. CliveBell

CliveBell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

RSS is a type of new feed, various site have it there to check your online activities and to provide you information that like spyware but not spyware. It tells you news and give information only if you singed otherwise nothing.

8. spyvikashpuri

spyvikashpuri
    uix_expand uix_collapse

An RSS feed is important for your site because you can allow your readers to subscribe to your content.

9. gamsoftware

gamsoftware
    uix_expand uix_collapse

RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. It's XML based data format which used to contribute content of web page.

RSS feed is syndicated content itself. it's an XML file which contain channel information. it is a good off-site techniques for SEO. this item mostly used news item of a website or blogs.

10. spyindiapreet

spyindiapreet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

RSS means really simple syndication- If you subscribe to one website using RSS, then you can get

11. spyindiasachin

spyindiasachin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

RSS is the format for distributing news and other web content. When you put content into RSS and send that content to other people or websites, it's called RSS feed.

12. azraf

azraf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can use any RSS feed reader app, that will bring all the contents of your chosen websites, without visiting the website individually.

13. bjdea2

bjdea2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

RSS feeds will add fresh content, keywords etc to your pages. That all helps in search engine ranking.

14. spyindiapreet

spyindiapreet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

An RSS feed is important for your site because you can allow your readers to subscribe to your content. In turn, they can share these feeds on social networks. The process continues your site can get exposure.

Some search engines also allow you to submit your RSS feed and they use it to index your site. I prefer to submit sitemaps instead of RSS feeds, myself.

15. infinityweb

infinityweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nicely explained =) They're also used and helpful when doing podcasts.

16. sayem001

sayem001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing with us detail about RSS feed.I have not so much knowledge about RSS feed.I gather some knowledge about RSS feed from here.Special thanks or you..

17. iedigcom

iedigcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

RSS feeds are basically a content feed that people can subscribe to. They can be used for resposting data to other sites, but also can be used for subscribers.

Say for example if I had a company Twitter feed (which I don't, this is just an example) and I wanted to add a twitter feed to my website designSEO.ca then I would RSS and some creative coding to add the RSS feed as extra content to my site.

Thus every time I update my Twitter page my other website would get updated with new content each time. (And Google boosts PageRank if you site is updated regularly.)

18. shaadisankalp

shaadisankalp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you subscribe to one website using rss, then you can get
    If will improve website traffic.

19. chandanthaver

chandanthaver
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Rss is a really simple syndication which is used show the latest update like news, company updates and much more.

20. aziz32882

aziz32882
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was not aware of RSS feed also.Thanks to all for giving your valuable comments.I am really grateful to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.