What is Reverse SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jaysh4922, Dec 3, 2012.

1. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Needed some idea about REVERSE SEO..

2. Kev H

Kev H
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are two possible answers to this (well could be more, but 2 spring to mind for me).

IF you mean NEGATIVE SEO: this is using the way Google works to hurt your competitors website - I'm not going to explain how to do this; there is lots written out there if you are so minded. This is a hotly debated topic as to how effective it is against any particular website.

IF you mean REVERSE ENGINEERED SEO: this is taking a successful website in the SERPs for the various search engines and determining what they have done so that you can get ideas for what to do yourself. The best example of this is backlink research.

• Like Like x 1
  3. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Another Idea of Reverse SEO or reverse engineering SEO is whenever you handle a website that is not performing well on the web despite being handled by another SEO before and you will have to fix it, it is called reverse SEO.

4. eelizasanchez121

eelizasanchez121
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reverse SEO is the technique to decrease the ranking in the search engine. It is the negative search engine optimization. The simultaneous optimization of intended results while decreasing or eliminating unintended results"; "in an optimization problem we seek values of the variables that lead to an optimal value of the function that is to be optimized.
    In other words-
    "Reverse SEO is the process of removing (technically de-ranking) websites other than your own from the first pages of Google."

5. abhirampathak3

abhirampathak3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reverse SEO is the process of decreases search engine rankings or de-ranking of the website from the search engine result pages that is called reverse SEO.

6. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reverse SEO means you push down unwanted, negative results by piling your pages on top of the negative one, pushing it right off the page. Reverse SEO is deliberately relying on the clutter of too much information to generate as many false positives as possible if someone is looking for you.

7. rajalakshmi

rajalakshmi
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Reverse SEO is actually the process of checking the entire SEO campaign that you carried on a particular project. The reverse SEO process is based on the results you got after doing SEO first time. And after getting the results you are able to predict which areas or other things to concentrate for getting better results.

8. jimarmstrong

jimarmstrong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reverse SEO is one of the process where you need to re-audit entire SEO campaign in order to rank high in major search engines. However if your target rankings are on their spot in major search engines, then there is no need of revers SEO, but somehow your rankings are not on their spot then must need to reverse SEO.

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I had never heard the term "Reverse SEO" applied in this situation, and it probably doesn't apply. Although it is possible that you can say that a new SEO provider must "reverse" the effects of another SEO provider's use of old or unethical techniques, the term "reverse SEO", as it is usually used, does not refer to the repair of what someone else did wrong.

10. askpreeti

askpreeti
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reverse SEO

Can any one explain me what is Reverse SEO ??

11. micheal.burns1

micheal.burns1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reverse SEO is done when your site is penalized by GOOGLE.

12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I had already addressed this in an earlier post. This is NOT what is referred to when the term "Reverse SEO" is used. Eelzasanchez121, arindamdutta16, andabhirampathak3 actually have described it more accurately. You might want to check out this thread, especially point #8. Before posting, read the thread!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

[Similar threads merged.]

14. aurobindosahoo

aurobindosahoo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reverse SEO means you should apply these on your competitors website that is also a negative works or bad works.

You should submit your competitors website in unethical way of doing bad SEO work.

15. angelajason06

angelajason06
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice information! I thing it is like Pulling Down Some one to get Top Instead of beating him...

#15 angelajason06, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  16. micheal.burns1

micheal.burns1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really apologize for not clarifying my point clearly.

Considering the above statement i meant... When your site is penalized you have to analysed all the seo data and filter the sites where you might have used some black hat technique to get link. Or the site could be a FAF one. Once you analyze everything then you can remove them and than you site would regain your position back.

17. kathreen joly

kathreen joly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi..i am kathreen joly...
    reverse SEO: One way to do this is to create subdomains of your main domain and optimize them all with the main keyword of your domain

18. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I'm not sure what this has to do with reverse SEO (the actual definition, not what some people think it is), but I would not recommend creating subdomains for the purpose of raising the ranking of your main domain. If you can add informative content to your website, by all means do so. It is also not a good idea to optimize multiple pages for the same keyword. Your keywords should be related to the content of the page

19. rajdeep01

rajdeep01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reverse SEO has become one of the most effective strategies for minimizing the impact of bad publicity within the search engines’ organic listings. Reverse SEO is trying to decrease a site's ranking. It is usually used to manage and put a bad reputation in the search results down. It's a black hat technique so we don't use.

20. guptaabhijit318

guptaabhijit318
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reverse SEO can be used to take away from the first results page, unconstructive publicity that targets your company in Search Engines.