What is PPC?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by arindamdutta16, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi friend, Pay per click in search engine advertising but how does work it? is it good for website promotion?

#1 arindamdutta16, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  2. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Basically what it is is an advertiser pays a publisher for driving traffic to their site by placing advertisements on their website(s).

• Like Like x 1
  3. sonewilliams

sonewilliams
    uix_expand uix_collapse

PPC (Pay per Click) is an advertising model where businesses pay an agreed upon amount, each time their advertisement is "clicked", not each time their ad is displayed. it also key tool to understand to help get traffic to your business website, using it effectively can be invaluable.

4. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's paid advertising method of search engine,PPC advertising program enables your website to get more targeted traffic..if a visitors click on your add then specific amount of cost you have to pay depends on keywords competition.PPC providers allow you to set upper limits on your cost-per-click and total daily spend, meaning you only spend as much as you want.

5. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hooray for Wikipedia! lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It should be good for website promotion, its the best way to out rank your competitors as your link will prompt before the organic search results.

7. mariyajames

mariyajames
    uix_expand uix_collapse

PPC is the fastest and paid method of online marketing. In this method we have to pay money to Google how many times our ad clicked by any one. PPC increases our website traffic in a very short time and the keywords for whom we are doing PPC get top pages ranking faster.

Through PPC you there is chances to get business leads faster and the chances for getting top ranking in organic searches increase.

8. eelizasanchez121

eelizasanchez121
    uix_expand uix_collapse

PPC is the short form of Pay Per Click. In this you have to pay as many click you got in your website link in any search. It is comparatively very costly..

9. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

is it fine to use another adwords account other than the gmail account you have that's connected to adsense?

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It's not something I've tried to do myself ownedbox, I have them both under the same Google account and it works perfectly fine. Is there a reason why you would want to separate your Adsense and Adwords accounts?

11. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm thinking maybe I can provide PPC services for anyone using different account. Has anyone here ever done this?

12. Interactiveonlin

Interactiveonlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Who is using PPC for now? And which services are most preferable?

13. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

If you are providing PPC services, they either have their own account, or you would set one up for them. Either way, it would be their account, not yours.
    According to Google's own policies:

"To protect the value and diversity of the ads people see on Google, we generally discourage advertisers from running ads for the same or similar businesses across multiple accounts triggered by the same or similar keywords".

On the other hand, if you are managing accounts for your clients, Google says this:

"A different Google AdWords account is required for each client that is being serviced by the third party. You may not mix clients in an account, for example, by setting up different campaigns for clients in one account."

• Like Like x 2
  14. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess its in thier TOS. I was just thinking maybe I can download that stats in my account and send it to my clients. Thanks joerroxx.
    But they may not allow me to access thier account. would they?

15. guptaabhijit318

guptaabhijit318
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pay per click that PPC, is a marketing method used on websites, particularly search engines. And Pay per click is also occasionally known as CPC or Cost per click.

16. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Before deciding whether or not to hire you to provide PPC services, they are going to check you out, to make sure you can give them the best service possible. No offense, that's just good sense - they should do that before hiring anybody. Once they know whether or not you know your stuff, they will decide whether to give you access to their account. If, for whatever reason, they feel uncomfortable giving you access, they won't hire you.

17. soabbd

soabbd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think PPC is not a good solution for website SEO. Its just temporary you stop paying and you will also stop your visitors.

18. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why would you stop paying? And it has nothing to do with SEO.

19. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

PPC and SEO are two separate ways to market a website, as Jerlene said, they have nothing to with each other. However, they do have two things in common - they are both shown in the SERPs, and they both work best when the website owner or marketer pursues phrases that are searched by people interested in buying the product or service being offered.
    The advantage of using PPC is that it can be narrowed down, not only by phrase, but by day, and even time of day, and can be stopped and started at any time. For instance, if you sell a seasonal item, you can run your ad when the item you sell is in season, like lawnmowers or Halloween costumes, and then stop when the season ends. Also if you check your stats and find out that, for example, you get very few clicks on Mondays after 5 pm, and those who do click don't buy. You still have to pay for these clicks, unless you schedule your ad so that it doesn't run Mondays after 5 pm. Since your ad is not running, you wouldn't get any clicks, and, as soabbd said, you would "stop paying".

20. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

One way that you can utilise PPC to help your SEO, is to use it to test your keywords. If you have a keyword in mind, it takes a lot of work to have it ranked highly in the organic search engine results. You don't always know whether that keyword will convert for you or not. If it doesn't convert, you could put a lot of time and effort into having it ranked with very little return. PPC can be used to quickly test which keywords convert for your site and which ones don't. Once you know which keywords are the most effective you can concentrate your SEO efforts on those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.