What is nutrition to you and how does it affect your work?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by NateAnglin, Aug 5, 2013.

1. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There's a popular saying you are what you eat. What is your nutrition eating habits and how does it influence your work?

2. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me nutrition means including everything in our diet in balance, their should be vitamins, protein, fat, carbohydrates, etc...A good nutritious diet will keep us healthy and helps in maintaining a good immune system.

3. Alice533

Alice533
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nutrition is definitely important for me. I try to maintain a healthy and varied diet and I can certainly tell that it affects my mood and my concentration if I don't stick to my principles for a while.

With that being said, I believe it is allowed (and important!) to indulge yourself once in a while to make sure it doesn't get too boring. :)

4. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I take atleast 2 glasses of milk everyday,apart from that 2-3 types of fruits including papaya,banana,apple,grapes or any fruits,and then soaked almonds and some times dry fruits also.In my diet I include pulses,chapatis and green vegetables for proteins and vitamins and rice for carbohydrates and fats.So in this way I try over every possible nutrient in my food.
    Apart from that it is said that one must include almost every colour in his food i.e. you should have tomatoes for red colour,chilli or spinach for green colour, and so on...

5. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very well said. Mood and concentration are important ;-).

6. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very elaborate response thank you. Let me ask you. Do you ever feel that the fruits and rice you eat causes your energy to decline? The reason I mention this is because this form of energy is stored in your liver as glucose. The unused energy will be stored as fat and you may also feel sluggish a few hours after consumption. Unless your incredibly active then that all changes ;-).

7. Joe Dalio

Joe Dalio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I find that, the more nutritious and healthy the food I eat is, the more positive and energetic I feel. When my mind is clear and have maximum energy, it means I will have maximum productivity and success.

8. AmbitiousStudent

AmbitiousStudent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you dont enjoy eating healthy foods, although they may be great for the long term, in the present moment you might not get as much of an endorphins release as much as you would with a chocolate bar or bag of sweets. There's nothing wrong with eating some of the unhealthy foods just don't eat too much of it.

You can even have an unhealthy diet but so long as you burn it off with intensive exercise the next day then you will have the best of both worlds.

9. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I couldn't disagree with you more. Burning calories is fine but your still putting junk in your body which will undoubtedly lead to a poorer function both mentally and physically. If you just care about calorie surplus and deficit you're right but if you want to look, feel and be your best eating a healthy well balanced meal is ideal. If you don;t enjoy eating healthy foods it's less about the food and more about the cooking and preparation. Most of us need to work on this ;-).