What is more Important? Creating content or building back links?

Discussion in 'Content Marketing' started by joy.linford, Mar 31, 2016.

1. joy.linford

joy.linford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The way I started out firstly focused on quality content that is unique and keyword rich in areas like the top, center and bottom of the page. If images are part of the content, I would use alt tag to describe the image, but toss in a keyword as well. When I was happy with that, I started working on backlinks.

2. newbee

newbee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both are important joy. Content is king and always will be. The more unique and quality content you present, the more your site gets traffic. Google checks for the quality content when it crawls your site through homepage as well as inner pages. Its good that you have started working with backlinks. But what I would suggest that follow quality backlinks to your website. When search engines calculate the relevance of a site to a keyoword, they look for the number of quality backlinks to that site. So always use do-follow links.

3. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

4. w3web

w3web
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on your ability, if are expert at content development and content strategy then focus more on it and then try placing quality back-links at-least in moderate level or vice versa. But your main aim should be elevating your page rank with less bounce rate.

5. guptaabhijit318

guptaabhijit318
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think creating fresh, unique and quality content is more important because it helps to build back links.

• Like Like x 1
  6. w3web

w3web
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can agree content is important, but without quality back-links it is impossible to boost your site rank inspite of promoting quality content through various channels. since Google considers back-links and quality both when ranking your website.

7. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Not true, with the right content and internal linking you can rank well for a whole range of keywords.

8. w3web

w3web
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Per suppose your competitors also applies the same strategies like you then in that case also you dont agree that quality back-links matters? I just need to know it.

9. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

It really all depends on the keywords, the size of the competition, your location, your target and a hundred others things.

Take your website for example, backlinks are unlikely to help because your on site SEO is so poor. Fix this and your need for off site SEO will reduce.

There is no one rule for all. Good quality backlinks in your case will be hard to obtain because of how the Indian SEO industry has spammed all the decent sources.

10. Mario

Mario
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's a case to case basis when it comes to the quality of contents. Please remember that hummingbird can understand the whole context of the content and might see it worthy of rankings even if there's no links if the information stands out among others.

To give you a clear example of the power of creating a great context in a content, I've made this one back in 2013.

http://www.biznewsph.com/p/business-ideas-in-philippines.html

My last update was in 2014. It ranks for literally hundreds of variations of terms. It has zero backlinks back then. I'm not sure if there's links now. But the point is most of the time, great contents don't require links to rank.

11. smartsocialbrand

smartsocialbrand
    uix_expand uix_collapse

creating content and building backlinks both are important in achieving top position in Search Engines and fresh content is always the thing Google's considers high priority.In content and backlinks,if one is ignored then your website may face fall in Search results.

#11 smartsocialbrand, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2016
  12. Nitesh Jaiswar

Nitesh Jaiswar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Content is the King and it is more important than creating backlinks. But, if you are creating high quality high PR backlinks with top quality content then it will boost the rank of your website instantly. Content and backlinks, both are important as they are used in increasing the rank of a website only.

13. Lily Alvin

Lily Alvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both can do boost your site double rather than just sticking to one. Content can really gives a good impression to the search engines and also increase the domain rank of your website. The same is also with the backlinks but these ones are must be relevant.

14. paulaugust

paulaugust
    uix_expand uix_collapse

firstly its depend on your ability and next is to create good backlinks with the help of some off page techniques

15. Anupama Raikar

Anupama Raikar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Creating content is more important then building back links because if you write good article then definitely you can get a good back links.so firstly you should focus on quality content then back links.you can earn back links from better content.

16. cheta

cheta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both of them are extremely important but i will go with content because i believe that is what Google loves more. whenever its spiders crawl webpages, it favors those with fresh, new or updated content than those with just back-links. creating content is also another form of even creating backlinks because of the presence of relevant keywords that may help the site to rank high in its search results.

17. Magento_oCodewire

Magento_oCodewire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer mostly for Creating content because with original content , you can enhance the chance of getting more traffic and quality backlinks. With creating quality content, you can satisfy the customer with your blogs and websites.

18. annarbortech

annarbortech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think there is a lot of debate over this topic. Some will say that good content will gain traffic based on its quality alone. While I think that the better quality content will keep people on the site longer and leave them with a better impression, I do not believe that a site will suddenly get traffic just because it has a good piece of content. Because of that I do think that making a site well know is essential to a successful content piece. On the flip side, however, you can build backlinks to a terrible article but people will leave your site and form a poor opinion of it. I guess that leaves me with a somewhat unsatisfying answer to your question, which is that both are very important for a piece of content to succeed.

19. paradisegold

paradisegold
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hiii
    Both Content and back links are useful for ranking and Promotion of a website, both help in increasing popularity, ranking and traffic of a site. "Content" which is most important in improving SERP. It should be unique and fresh. You must focus on quality content, then your keywords ranking will automatically start increasing,
    on the other side "Link building also works" like blog commenting, directory listing, guest posting, bookmarking, classifieds. But if you want to increase ranking, traffic or links you can hire expert from sites like SEOclerks,

Thanks..

20. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The old ways of "building" a large quantity of links went the way of the dinosaur long ago - or at least they should have. Even though most professional marketers no longer use them, there are still some amateurs who got their own website ranked using the old techniques, so now they think they're "experts" and can do it for others, which brings me to the second part of your reply. The people who advertise on SEO clerks are definitely not experts - not even close. A quick look at their listings will show you people selling traffic, selling followers, offering posts on PBNs, even guaranteeing their results, which legitimate companies never do. If you want real professional SEO work, avoid SEOclerks and websites like it.