What is more effective in SEO? Profile link building or signature links?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by GekiDan, Nov 21, 2012.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What is more effective in SEO? Profile link building or signature links?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I do't think either one would be effective in SEO, based on recent updates to Google's algorithm. More effective would be editorial links, such as blogs, articles, or press releases. If you are very active in forums, you may be able to get several links to your site, but Google is now placing even more emphasis on quality, not quantity.

3. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Natural link building is effect in SEO. So, you should have to try natural link building no problem which way your using.

4. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are asking for the value of the link that can be delivered from those two, none of them are that effective as far as link value is concern. However, it doesn't really mean that they are completely useless. If you have a good reputation in forum websites, or other community sites, your signature links would be of useful when it comes to referral traffic. Traffic somehow can give you natural link backs from viral sharing or word of mouth in case they find something interesting from your website.

While in profile link, it takes a long time before you can get lots of benefits from it. For example, you have a G+ profile where you can add some links pointing to whatever website you want, you need to build a good relationship with other users and webmaster for you to be able to maximize the potential of your link profiles. If you get it done, you will surely enjoy the benefit of it.

So either links can be a good source of natural links if you manage to get things done in a right place. It's always a matter of time though. But worth the effort.

• Like Like x 1
  5. haodl

haodl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everybody, i do many many link for our site by Submit, post forum,... i know that isn't quantity it for seo. but it's free and very simple to create back link. Some day near, our keyword droped all, i check my keyword by Rank Checker not appear for google.com (only "-"). Can you help me? my site customvietnamtravel.com

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So does that meant that Google will soon take away the value of signature links?

7. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both are effective for seo. According to me After On-page now concentrate on off-page optimization. We do it to create quality back links by submitting our site URL in high pr sites; if your site gets more back links from high pr websites then chances of your site ranking on top in Google will be high. We get signature link from forum, it is good benefited for back link.

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why high PR sites? Don't it have any effect on our site's SEO if it's on a low PR site?

9. rank90

rank90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Signature link is more effective as compare to profile link.

10. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTjN9x-by-I&feature=plcp

Although this video is explain on site-wide links, but the link concept is same. Google will auto compress link from same domain, the first link count some, 2nd link count little bit, and 3rd link may no count. Google may count signature link all posting as single link

Back to question signature link vs profile link, I would say the weight is depend on the page quality instead of link types. If the profile is refer to G+, twitter, the value of the profile will increase according to number of follower and number of sharing. Same goes to signature link, if the post have high viewer, the links become more value.

11. abhirampathak3

abhirampathak3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To make a signature links link is too easy. You have to post any topic related to your site. When you reply to other post that will be informative. If you maintain the forum site everyday then you get signature links easily.

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What if the profile link is from a forum? Like the one where you can add your "Homepage".

13. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Actually, they may not have had that much value in the first place. Google has always placed a higher value on "editorial links", links from various types of articles. Google's purpose is to provide searchers with the most valuable information possible. If signature links had value, someone with a low-quality website could participate in as many forums as possible, with a signature link on every post, and rank highly in the SERP's (before anybody mentions it, I am aware that there are about 200 different criteria - I am merely sticking to the subject of the thread).

Rather than "high pr websites", perhaps arindamdutta should have said "high quality websites". A diverse assortment of links, from a variety of high-quality sources, is best. Because no one really knows Google except Google, "high-quality" may not be equivalent to "high pr".

14. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can these "editorial links" can be done on forums?

15. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

They can if the forum admin allows them. You would need to include the keywords in the body of the forum post, and then make the keyword(s) a hyperlink to the webpage.

16. mankarki

mankarki
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Profile link can be easily obtained. But they are not as effective as signature link in my opinion.

17. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Profile links will give you the branding value. It will give your website a brand. So I think profile link is better than signature link.

18. jimarmstrong

jimarmstrong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In term of honest SEO that either profile link building or signature links are not effective. If you want to do boost up your keywords or if you want to rank your keywords, then the best SEO strategy in link building is that establish your profile first then create your signature. It will help you to boost up in ranking of search engines.

19. mankarki

mankarki
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are moderator of any forum,then it will be also benefical for traffic generation. In the largest sense,thes e links send a lot of traffic as well as contributing in the quality of website.

20. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all,

Both are not effective after new Google Panda update. Still those tricks are very useful to bring traffic to website. But those are not most effective for improving SERP and ranking. Present blogging and blog commenting are most useful off page seo, including article and press release.

Thanks.