What is link pyramid?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by abhirampathak3, Dec 5, 2012.

1. abhirampathak3

abhirampathak3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dear friends,

What is link pyramid? This is new topic for me. I heard about link pyramid first time.

Please help me to know about link pyramid.

Waiting for your reply.

2. sreelavanya

sreelavanya
    uix_expand uix_collapse

he Idea behind the Link Pyramid is that while link juice can pass from one site to the next, ranking penalties generally stop after one hop. It works on the premise that the lowest quality sites link upwards to the next higher quality sites in your network. Sites can link laterally and upwards but not downwards.

I'll explain how it looks.

here’s what the pyramid looks like:

The Bottom

At the bottom of the Pyramid sits a network of sites you created on free blog host or Squido, or anywhere you can get web space for free. These sites should not have ads on them. These sites will link to random other quality sites on the web and to your 2nd level sites.If you are not selling anything on these sites there is more leeway. The only type of links you are sending to these sites are those free spammy links from link software.

2nd Level of Pyramid:

Then we have your 2nd level of the Link Pyramid. This is where you put your domain portfolio to work. This network of sites is distributed across cheep shared hosting accounts. The more shared hosting accounts you have for this purpose, the smaller your footprint will be. Hosting is really cheep these days, and you’ll probably be spending more each year on domain renewals than you will be on shared hosting.
    This 2nd level of sites will get links from the bottom level of sites, but never link back down to them.

The Golden Crest

Here we have the sites that are ready for prime time. They have fantastic designs and flow. They are your niche authority sites. Their links come from Level 2 of the pyramid, link buys, link bait, and manual, targeted Link spamming. The Golden crest can make money, but the real purpose of these sites is to link to the Top of your pyramid.

The Top

At the Top of the Pyramid is the Target site: That’s the pristine white hat looking site that you want to present to your customers and to rank in the search engines. This site has the bulk of your editorial content: you’re link bait. This site is an e-commerce site that is designed to make money. This is the site you’re paying bloggers and reviewers to link to. You’re only purchasing the highest quality links to this site and your link Ninjas are securing only the best quality links. This is the site that is optimized for the keywords you know make money. This is your money site.

• Like Like x 1
  3. guptaabhijit318

guptaabhijit318
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link pyramid was one of the most helpful link building methods used to get your website rank higher on top of the SERPs. However, as the search engines are constantly changing and the truth is link pyramid alone is no longer enough to give you the ranking you want.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nicolemarx

Nicolemarx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link pyramid is a very effective method of link building, which is used for optimizing a website and to gain more ranking on search engines. The Process of the link pyramid is creating a network of links for the benefit of a website’s homepage

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Did you actually read guptaabhijit318's post above? Although they have been used in the past, along with link wheels, changes to Google's algorithm have made these kind of games largely ineffective. As a result, many website owners are learning that playing by the rules, even though it may not bring immediate results, is a safer, more desirable, more effective strategy.

6. smo9marketing

smo9marketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recently got a link for Forbes.com ... it didn't help my rank at all.

it was from a real blog post about one of my whitepapers.

But, where i DO get big boosts in Google visibility are forums and small blogs.

Weird huh?

Me: I do business consulting on Google SEO

7. egrove

egrove
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link Pyramid is one of actual SEO method which is used for ranking web sites quickly. Link Pyramid is structured by forming the composition of backlinks patterns such as pyramids.

8. growfast

growfast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Those information is very helpful to know more about link pyramid .I hope you will add which link building strategy is best for 2013 in SEO !..

9. leonella769

leonella769
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So we should make 2nd and 3rd level links now. If we will not do so how our links will get indexed.

10. jasikajuli

jasikajuli
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link Pyramid is one of actual SEO method which is used for ranking web sites quickly

11. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

What you should be doing is getting quality links and writing informative, helpful content for your website, instead of playing games trying to "trick" the search engines into doing what you want.

It takes time to earn the ranking that your website deserves. "Ranking websites quickly" may give your website a temporary boost, but can come back and bite you in the butt later. Link Pyramids, Wheels, or any other similar games are to be avoided.

12. jimarmstrong

jimarmstrong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

13. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its a one type of link building strategy involving building back links then sending back links to those back links

14. spyindiatom

spyindiatom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is the one method of getting quality back links.It will helps to increase the site ranking.

15. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Link Pyramids, Link Wheels, and oher ways of "gaming the system" are violations of Google's Webmaster Guidelines, and will not increase your website's ranking long term. You could end up getting penalized because of using such techniques.