What is Link Diversity ??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by printingray, Nov 15, 2012.

1. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Experts,

I'm listening about link diversity which is good to rank in the search engines specially in Google because this method is Panda and Penguin loving. So please give me a clear and simple answer how to make it ?? I don't need link in the reference I just need experts answers.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Link diversity refers to obtaining links from a variety of sources, and types of sources, rather than a single, or a few, sources or types. Using your own signature as an example, if all of the links for your site came from your forum signature here on BAF, or even from a variety of forum signature links, your link profile would not be diverse enough. To use another example, .edu links have more value than .com links, but if all your links are from .edu websites, your link profile is not diverse enough. The more varied the sources of your links are, the more diverse your link profile will be.

3. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link diversifying is best and advisable because it shows that you are doing natural promotion.

4. Param

Param
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are right..
    Google also love natural promotion...

5. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link diversity means on how you distribute your links using anchor text in variations - using different kind of keywords, different targeting means, and a lot more.

6. Jacob_Thompson

Jacob_Thompson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link diversity is nothing but obtaining links from different domains. It is very much important as far as SEO is concerned. Search engines gives more importance to the site that gets 2 backlinks from different domains than the sites that gets 5 backlinks from the same domain.

7. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is no evidence that penguin and panda are proponents of link diversity. It means that you build links from different sources like forums, social bookmarking sites, directories, community websites, and so on.

Again, this will not ensure you that you are exempted from penguin and panda filters. Better to focus on your contents and quality of the links.

8. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it’s much more than making sure that you have some nofollowed links, some image links here and there, and maybe a few good old sitewides. It’s about analyzing all the opportunities available to you and pursuing anything that you find credible. It’s also about ensuring that you’re visible in the latest and greatest places. It's important to view potential competitor’s source code to see if they have efficiently performed on page search engine optimization. To do this on your Brower click “view” and then click on the “source” option as displayed.”

9. TellB1980

TellB1980
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am no expert, but as far as I know link diversity means getting backlinks from various sources. you should also use different anchor text for each link and make sure that the link is related to your niche too.

10. thesslstore

thesslstore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link Diversity means to make backlinks from various sources, which is relevant to your work.Relevancy is a big factor here.Moreover, Diversify your anchor text for a targeted keyword.

11. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

12. jimarmstrong

jimarmstrong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link Diversity is the key segments in the world of Google Penguin and Panda. Link Diversity helps you to gather or generate back links from different domain extensions using keywords diversity.

13. Interactiveonlin

Interactiveonlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe that OP already got the meaning:)

14. micheal.burns1

micheal.burns1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can simply post URL where you get a chance to do so. Thus, google will consider this link as a genuine link as it is not promoting any commercial text with it.

15. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I clicked it, and didn't get an answer. All I saw was a picture, with no explanation of the terms being referenced. Although someone with knowledge of marketing may understand the photo, the fact that the OP asked the question in the first place shows they need either a more detailed explanation of the photo, or a simpler explanation of the term - and this thread has plenty of those. As Interactiveonlin pointed out, maybe too many.

16. tayloralina

tayloralina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link Diversity is the key segments in the world of Google Penguin and Panda. Link Diversity helps you to gather or generate back links from different domain extensions using keywords diversity.

17. albert george

albert george
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link diversifying is best and advisable because it shows that you are doing natural promotion. Its a another SEO strategy which is helpful for online marketing.

18. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well it's like your doing other alternatives for your keyword. If you're only optimizing for one keyword it will be cannibalized. It's best to lessen link building by keyword too. Have you heard about their patent called "Google Rank-Modifying Spammers Patent"? Bill Slawsky over SEO by the Sea have a really great explanation about it.

19. aurobindosahoo

aurobindosahoo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am very much confused about Link diversity.

20. guptaabhijit318

guptaabhijit318
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link diversity refers to obtaining links from a diversity of sources, and types of sources, rather than a single, or a few, sources or types.