What is Google Bot optimization

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by stevex, Jun 30, 2015.

1. stevex

stevex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have seen the term Google Bot Optimization on some forums. But I can not understand what it is? Is it different from normal search engine optimization or its the same? If somthing exists like this then I would like to know more about it. I need full information on this...

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Google Bot optimization is different from search engine optimization because search engine optimization is focused on whether a searcher finds your site when they search a keyword phrase. Google Bot Optimization is focused on how the bot crawls your site. Another way to put it is that search engine optimization makes sure your website's pages are put in the right place after the Google Bot crawls your site. Google Bot optimization makes sure it can crawl your site. Some principles of Google Bot optimization are:

1) Keep it Simple: Bells and whistles can make your site look cool, but Google's Bots can't read them.
    2) Use robots.txt Properly: Make sure your robots.txt file doesn't tell Google not to crawl pages that you want crawled, and does crawl the ones you want it to.
    3) Create Fresh Content: Google Bot needs content it can read, and the fresher that content is, the better. But, do not create content just to create content - make sure it enhances the page, and adds value for the visitor.
    4) Use Internal Linking - Just like links help visitors get around your site, it helps the Google Bot too.

More information can be found on this page from Kissmetrics.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Basically the previous posts have summed it up. Google bit optimization puts you in control of how much or how little access it gets to your site. I think a lot of people who own a site won't look too much into it and leave the optimization as standard but at least you have the option if you ever need to adjust the settings.

4. klaythomson

klaythomson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So far, this is the best answer I have seen. Good job.

5. Rajeev Sharma

Rajeev Sharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, Goolge bot optimization is totally to direct the spiders or bots of the google search ebgeine, when a bot is crawling the website, it's more important that which page to crawl by the crawler and not to crawl by the crawler, we can direct the bots by using google bot optimizaion...