What is good food for a healthy mind and body?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by spyindiaankur, Aug 9, 2014.

1. spyindiaankur

spyindiaankur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We all speak of eating fresh, good and healthy food like green vegetables, milk and milk products and so called "Satvik" food for a healthy mind and body but what about other things that we consume intangibly and with ignorance. The things I am mentioning here are related to our daily activities such as watching, speaking, listening and thinking.
    In my view, we not only eat through our mouth, we also eat things through our eyes: what we see, through our ears: what we listen, through our tongue: what we speak and also through our thinking.
    So in order to keep our body as well as our mind in a healthy condition we should also pay attention to these aspects of our lives. Only then we can create a healthy mind-body of us as well as of others.
    What you people think about it. Please share your views.

2. Avni Shergill

Avni Shergill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing the ideas which can help to our mind and body healthy. I agree with your statement, only we can keep ourself and others healthy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. alexfernandes

alexfernandes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow! Great post….I would also like to add my point of view i.e. I keep my body and mind healthy by singing a happy song every day.

4. saahil2310

saahil2310
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As my personal opinion, milk products, fresh fruits, nuts, and green vegetables are good for a healthy mind and body.

5. MahaKarthi

MahaKarthi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great ideas! The things we see through our eyes are also very important for a healthy mind is a very good and realistic point. Thanks for sharing this good post!

6. Terry Hopper

Terry Hopper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having a healthy diet is not about starving yourself. When you embark on such a journey, the purpose is to have a balanced diet of fruit and vegetables that will help you clear out your body and dump the toxins. The rewards are immense, as they won't limit to your body only, but they will extend to your mind and spirit as well. Plus, adding a consistent workout routine will contribute to your health improvement overall.

7. Delgado2009

Delgado2009
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's all about body-mind-spirit and you are all set!

8. vivaclean

vivaclean
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They are related - if your body is healthy - your mind will be and the other way round. I completely agree that if we are to be healthy we should take good care both of our body and mind.

9. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First is Healthy Food which help us to keep our body fit, Then we should invest time in meditation which will keep us mind healthy.

10. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Boiled vegetables with less fat content oil. Thin meat, and calcium rich products like milk. Green Leafy Vegetables. And lastly water in plenty works better for the healthy food habits.

11. Webcs-Peter

Webcs-Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Eat food with less oil.

12. Samuelsemos

Samuelsemos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Eat everything which gives protein to the body like fruits, vegetable, meat, milk and apart from that you need some exercise, What I do.

13. Jybrael

Jybrael
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Proper exercise...maintaining a strict timetable for everything...like watching..exercising..and taking care of touching things as well as speaking about negative things...can keep you healthy...stay positive in life...thats the way I look at things.

14. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Have a routine set up to take care of your body. If body responds well, your mind set is stable. Regular workout helps you de-stress and helps you concentrate on the work. If the owrkflow is smooth, you naturally tend to have a balanced healthy mind :)

15. spyindiaanu

spyindiaanu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing this Idea, ankur, you have go through deep, by this we know who we fit and healthy.

16. elsiemn13

elsiemn13
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I keep my mind and body to be fit and healthy. I eat lots of wheat bread and veggies like lettuce and salmon.

17. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good food is something that not too oily or fatty. Foods nutrients in proper amount. Consuming too much of calories, proteins or fats is also not good. But you should also do exercise which is very much beneficial.