What is difference between SEO and SEM?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Edric, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edric

Edric
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey....
    1 SEO stands for Search engine Optimization...
    SEO includes organic search engine ranking not with the traffic. Includes on page optimization, off page optimization, competitor analysis....... etc
    2 SEM stands for Search Engine Marketing....
    SEM is not related to ranking its only related to tarffic either paid or free.
    Includes analysis for best traffic generating website, cost to advertise on website, finding audience interested in your projects, Country you need to target, ROI analysis.

2. kapilv

kapilv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Edric! yet i am very new to this forum site but it looks a interesting query. I have also read about that on internet and on that basis i would like to tell that in my point of view Seo is small part of Sem.Sem is defined in a very broad way like everything that can be done by people automatically or manually for a website comes under category of Sem.Seo is a important subset of Sem without which Sem can not be successful as i think.

3. sarahlee

sarahlee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

nice post . very informative

4. telxcomputers

telxcomputers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEM is a internet marketing technique that include paid search and organic search. google, yahoo, bing all major search engine provide organic search and paid search facility. SEO is a organic search technique and part of SEM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.