What is CPA?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by micheal.burns1, Jan 3, 2013.

1. micheal.burns1

micheal.burns1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hello Everyone!!

I don't even know the basics of CPA. So I would love to get an answer for the question mentioned below:

What is CPA? How it works? Which companies offer this services and at what cost.

Please share your valuable experience with me.

Thanks in Advance,
    micheal

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

CPA refers to cost per action. It is when you advertise something and you get paid each time the ad you promote, generates a certain action such as a survey response, a request for further information or a sale. ClickBooth is an example of a CPA network.

3. guptaabhijit318

guptaabhijit318
    uix_expand uix_collapse

CPA that Cost per Action, or sometimes Cost per Acquisition is the best deal of all for Advertisers in terms of risk because they only pay for media when it results in a sale, or conversion against their campaign goal.

4. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Cost per action is a method of paying for advertising that allows you to pay for each. A CPA ad could be one in which a publisher gets paid for people that click thru an ad and sign up for a newsletter or enter a contest or fill out a form for more information on a product. Many consider direct sales or Cost per Sale ads, and CPC ads to also be a form of CPA. But CPA usually refers to being paid for leads, sign ups, and so on.

5. kimmkimm

kimmkimm
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It means Cost per Action you have done for a particular target

6. egrove

egrove
    uix_expand uix_collapse

CPA stands for Cost Per Action and it refers to a type of marketing that usually involves you generating leads for companies and in turn, those companies giving you a small payment for each lead.

7. smo9marketing

smo9marketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are only two ways to increase your CPA.

1. Better visitor targetting

2. Better "call to action"

That call to action is the part where you say,

"so if you're interested in learning more, just enter your email for our $400 white paper -- free -- and a coupon and a back rub..."

BUT it's also the design, layout, ui, ux etc...

This is where a professional can make a HUGE difference in your CPA.

8. abhirampathak3

abhirampathak3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Cost per action is a means of controlling advertising spend. If you want to be sure that you're not indiscriminately spending money on terms that aren't driving business, CPA offers an opportunity to control ROI.

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

One of the problems with print is that it's hard to tell whether the writer is being cynical or joking. You appear to be giving the impression that you think calls-to-action are used only by scammers and con artists. Actually, tons of legitimate businesses use calls-to action to elicit a response from potential customers or clients. For example, a call-to-action may say "Request a Copy of our Free White Paper" along with a radio button that says "click here". Clicking on the button will take the visitor to a form where they can submit their name and email address, plus any other pertinent information the website owner may need. A call-to-action should also be prominently displayed so the visitor can't miss it.

10. jayanta01

jayanta01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Cost Per Action or CPA is an online advertising pricing model, where the advertiser pays for each specified action (a purchase, a form submission, and so on) linked to the advertisement.CPA is an effective way for advertisers to select how they want to pay for their advertising -- by click, impression, sale, or other variable. CPA advertising allows advertisers to only pay when an ad leads to an actual conversion.

11. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

CPA is short for cost for action. Basically you have content on your site that you "lock". To unlock it and see the content people need to do surveys.

12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Most of the other posts I've seen here do a much clearer job of explaining what "CPA" is. I'm confused by your post. Does that mean that every time someone performs an action on an advertisement, they have to do a survey? What if I run an ad, and I'm giving way an e-book. Someone clicks on the ad, I send them their e-book, and I then pay for that click on the ad. There are no surveys involved, so where does filling out the survey come in? And, what does it mean when you say the content is "locked"? How does your post relate to the others, if indeed it does?

13. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

More informative maybe but mine still did the job by explaining the gist, which is what some people prefer.

14. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Not really. Fergal's answer was much clearer at explaining what, in general, CPA is, as did arindamdutta16 and jayanta01, although theirs was copied from another source, which is a violation of BAF rules ... but I digress. You may have explained a particular type of CPA, but I think a more general explanation of what CPA is is what the OP was looking for.

15. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, alright. We'll agree to disagree then. My answer is no less right than any other answer in this thread.