What is best forum software for SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by James12smith, Nov 12, 2013.

1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

According to you, What is best forum software for SEO?

Easy to do SEO and easy to get high rankings...

Comments would be appreciated!!

Thanks

James

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The way your question is phrased, I'm not sure what you mean by "forum software for SEO". Are you looking for the best software to create and maintain a forum, that is also SEO friendly? Are you looking to do SEO with forum software - I'm not sure how that would work. One thing I do know is that getting high rankings is not easy. It takes time to get high rankings, depending on how competitive your niche and chosen phrases are. Trying to do things the easy way, or the quickest way, is a recipe for disaster.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

When deciding on forum software I honestly wouldn't give too much consideration as to which forum software would be best for SEO. Instead I would give a lot of thought to which forum software would be the most user-friendly and attractive to your future members and visitors.

Are you planning on using paid or open source forum software?

If going for paid I'd recommend XenForo or Invision Power Board. If open source, I'd recommend phpPP or MyBB.

4. kevinkrieger

kevinkrieger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

PHPBB and VBulletin definitely are the best and it is worth spending the money on VBulletin.