What is an effective way to increase traffic to a free classifieds site ?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by onetoz, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetoz

onetoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What is an effective way to increase traffic to an free classifieds site? Can someone advise me, please? I have my own classifieds site, but traffic to the site is low and I want to increase it, but I don't want to spend money.
    Thanks.

#1 onetoz, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
  2. Grestok

Grestok
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quality, original articles that contain useful and interesting information build your credibility with visitors, creating trust and expanding your reader base.
    I have several clients who are happy dealing with paidforumposting.com writers as they are professional enough to drive traffic to web sites.

#2 Grestok, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
  3. adrianlynch

adrianlynch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

People visit only those websites which have more stuff to offer and in start you cannot get people to post adds..Get a team of writers and start ripping off your competitors that is extract those new adds posted on the competitors' websites. rewrite their content and post them on your website. go viral on social. do make a call to the original add poster and ask his permission before posting in your own website.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I'm not sure how this would help. The OP is looking for traffic to a classified ads site, how are forum post writers going to help?

It's a bad idea to "rip off" competitors, but your idea to call people who have posted on these sites and ask if they would like their ad posted on the new site is a good one. However,, it then becomes a "Chicken or the egg" problem. With no traffic, who is going to see the new ads - and without ads, how does he get traffic? In that case, going "viral" on social media could help, but he still needs something to go viral with.

5. IrekJanek

IrekJanek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

onetoz, since you cover specific geographical areas, in my opinion you should seek websites that talk about those areas in a context that relates to your classifieds. For example, if a travel site writes about visiting a specific location you could offer a link to targeted ad search that relates to the topic presented in the travel post. Along the same lines, you could include a link generator that would create a link text that can be dropped on the visitor's web page, e.g. http://gojra.onetoz.pk/search/categ...tments-for-rent/sOrder,i_price/iOrderType,asc I know you can just copy the link from the address bar but you probably should make a dedicated area that would say: "Link To This Search".

6. millcreek06

millcreek06
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow, many here are looking for a free classified ads located in India. Do some bookmarking and citations.

7. atlantisrocks

atlantisrocks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When people want to look at or post classified ads they probably search for a classified ad site in the search engines.

This means your site must appear near the top of the search results.

Add some articles to your site that describe your site and use keywords that people searching for your site would use to locate it.

Promote your site in various social media.

You may want to pay for ads in other classified sites promoting your site. It often takes some money to get the attention you need to succeed..

8. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

There are a websites like Craiglist which allow you to post free advertisement. Play with your content rather than showing up same old school classified template. The more attractive it is, the better traffic flows in.

Easiest way for you to do would be to have your friends and family or office workers create social media profiles and spread the word.

If nothing, then create fake profiles on social media. Build rapport with the cateogry of people you want to build traffic with and then try to promote your classified website through these profiles.

It takes some time, but definitely works.

SEO takes some time to pull in your result, unless you use the term 2015 for all long tail keywords (as 2015 is very less used) and your organic search listing ranks #1, and you might as well attract more traffic - ORGANIC!

Google adwords, Bing ads, Facebook ads, Twitter sponsor ads, LinkedIn and Pinterest ads - these get you traffic in short span of time.

9. joy.linford

joy.linford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Firstly, make your classified user friendly and optimize it according SEO friendly according to Google guideline. then start doing SMO. SMO is the best way to get huge traffic.

10. petersen

petersen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since you start classifieds site, you must integrate forum and blog in sites then update blog everyday with follow SE algo and also public the forum and allow registration easily. Also try to put data from different IP and different country users.

11. onetoz

onetoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i will try use all suggestion to increase traffic on my site where i should to start ? i have already done directory submission . i want to be my site in first page in organic search

12. alexfernandes

alexfernandes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For increasing traffic of your classifieds site, you should switch to paid advertising. As you have mentioned earlier that you are not willing to spend money but this is probably the best option to get quality traffic. SEO takes time but the results are long lasting. The choice is yours.

13. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Forget about Craigslist, all it does is increase the amount of spam in your email inbox. DO NOT create fake profiles or have your friends and family create profiles to spread the word. This is going to backfire on you, and you'll have more work to do to fix the problems you created for yourself. If, however, your friends and family want to share whatever content you create on their existing profiles, in addition to anything else they normally do, that could help spread the word. Also, building rapport with other Facebook members who can follow you can also help spread the word as well. But use your already existing profile, do NOT create one for this purpose.
    Using 2015 in your keywords makes no sense, so you can ignore that. You want to rank for keywords people actually search, not play games just to rank for anything.
    Running Facebook ads, Twitter Ads, etc. can help bring you more traffic.
    As far as doing SEO, forget about directory submission. If you're already in quality, popular directories, then work on optimizing your profile and getting positive reviews. Participate in groups on networking sites. Others have suggested articles or a blog, and these can be shared on networking sites as well.

14. melisalissa05

melisalissa05
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have used Yahoo Answers before and have found success there. I mean, I not only got back links, but also traffic. I can certainly bet on that. That’s something everyone should try out. And thanks for the Wiki suggestion. I will certainly try that out.

15. nidhisharma091

nidhisharma091
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should make your site user friendly and it should look good means appearance so that more and more users can attract.

16. James4

James4
    uix_expand uix_collapse

simply find niche popular sites then get connected with webmaster and approach them to promote your website.

17. Patson

Patson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do a bookmarking of your classified ads where you have submitted the link and promote those links on social media sites.

18. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This thread is now closed. If you have something new to add, PM me and I'll re-open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.