What is Adsense Formula ?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by magician661, Jul 23, 2008.

1. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you're just geatting started, there's a simple formula for you to understand how to earn money with google adsense:

Revenue = Traffic * CTR * CPC

You probably understand what traffic means.

So CTR is Click Through rate, and it means how many of your visitors are clicking ads. It actually depends on how your site is adsense-optimized.

CPC is Cost Per Click. Different words have different costs. Some can be about $0,01, some are over $10.

sorce http://itsallabouttech.blogspot.com/

2. ritajones56

ritajones56
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This information may seem basic to you and many others but believe me, it is vital for people like me who are just starting out in PPC campaigns.

3. -wataru-

-wataru-
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hmm I just started my adsense campaign and what do you think would be the high paying links that pays more than $10 a click? And does it really depend on the niche? I have tried using my adsense on a general blog and so far it only gives me a $0.8 earning a day from over 10k hits a day.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It's probably better to concentrate on writing about what you enjoy and are interested in. If you focus on high paying keywords you are more likely to become demotivated and not give your site the long term hard work and effort that it needs.

You can view lots of high paying keyword lists here. But remember that lots of webmasters are looking at these keyword lists and that there will be lots of competition for the high paying ones.

-wataru- feel free to start a new thread about your blog and we should be able to give you some helpful suggestions.

5. InspiredWriting

InspiredWriting
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good point Fergal, I think there are two distinct options.

1. develop a site for a subject you are passionate about, get traffic over time and make money with adsense. Does take time. You need a lot of traffic for adsense to make any money.

2.Ride current trends and develop a site that helps customers when making a decision to buy a product, reviews, articles, etc, and make money through an affiliate. Money can come quicker but it is a bit of a sell out, as you may not be into what you are selling.

With option 2 though, there are so many affiliate products out there, you can normally find one that you are at least a little interested in.