What is 3-way Linking?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ConradGarrett, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConradGarrett

ConradGarrett
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've heard from a my neighbor that he was using a technique in SEO called 3-way linking. I would like to ask if someone here knows what 3-way linking is and how can this help me with my site ranking? Can I use this on my wordpress sites?

2. brownnataly21

brownnataly21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some people say that 3 way linking is used to improve the page rank and to increase the traffic, but it's considered like black hat SEO and you can get some penalties.

3. Vekseid

Vekseid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sometimes called ABC linking, a related and sometimes 'better' method is ABCD linking.

Basically the idea is that if Google sees two pages linking to each other, it discounts the value of the link (after a certain number of these trades are done, which seems to be influenced by the overall size of the site). So having someone link to you in exchange for your link to them is not as valuable as:

Their site A links to your site B
    Your site B links to their site C

A more in-depth version is
    Their site A links to your site B
    Your site C links to their site D

Which some like because Google can't track that at all.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I Googled "three way linking", and found an article on SEObook.com. I have included two quotes from that article:

"What is 3 Way Linking?
    Some webmasters own multiple sites and try to build up one of their specific sites by offering link exchanges from their other sites. In doing this they add a link to you on their other site and get you to link to the main site they are trying to build up."

"The Problem with 3 Way Link Exchanges

Most people engaging in 3 way link exchanges are doing it with the express intent to manipulate search results. This typically means they are trying to make automated bots think their ideas are better than they are, and are willing to do deceptive things to do it.

There are legitimate reasons to do three way links, but most of the three way link partnerships I have been offered are not worth touching with a 10 ft pole."

Like brownnataly21 said, it's considered a black-hat technique, and it should be avoided.

5. jamesreyes

jamesreyes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

3 way link exchange network is a good method for all online marketers who want to automate their daily link building campaigns to save a decent amount of time for other marketing plans. Try the 3 way link exchange just today and gain a lot of time.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

jamesreyes I don't understand how 3 way linking can save you time, can you please explain that?

7. John BusinessPlan

John BusinessPlan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It sounds to me that people might be getting slightly confused. Some people offer automated 3 way linking systems where you fill out some details and some software automatically shares out links between the different sites in the system without linking back to each other.

If you are manually approaching websites and are exchanging links with relative websites and offering a link from another website that is in the same field/industry then this is a much better way of doing things and the links you'll get are likely to be of more value. However it can take a lot of time to do and if you only have 1 website is pretty pointless. You'd be much better off writing good content for your own website and using social media websites to build a following and promote it.

8. ronnyjsmith

ronnyjsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some webmasters own multiple sites and try to build up one of their specific sites by offering link exchanges from their other sites. In doing this they add a link to you on their other site and get you to link to the main site they are trying to build up.

9. myerscooper

myerscooper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many search algorithms may be able to detect link trading as an artificial means of boosting the popularity of both sites and discount the value of these links.If you are trading links with a debt reduction site on your personal hobby site to list in a directory of some sort it is not a fair trade. Many other sites will be suspicious of you and not want to trade links with you if you have shady off topic links on your site.

10. revardwatson

revardwatson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The three way linking is explained as consider that you have three websites such as website A, website B and website C. Then Website A links to website B. Website B links to website C and Website C links to website A. This is known as the 3-way linking.

11. valentinohill11

valentinohill11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The 3 way link exchange can’t be simply seen by Google, but this technique is arrange of hard to apply since you will be dealing with three sites and two is yours. The second site is expecting that the link exchange would be from the same niche, from your site B while he is linking to your site A.

12. jimmyhagan11

jimmyhagan11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Few webmasters own multiple sites and attempt to build up their particular sites by presenting link exchanges from their other sites. During this they include a link to you on their other site and obtain you to link to main site they are trying to build up.

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Closing old thread. If the Original Poster would like it re-opened, please send me a quick PM and I'd be delighted to open it for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.