What inspired you to online business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by realitybites.in, Mar 18, 2010.

1. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What inspired you to online business

Can You Share with us

2. gtt

gtt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice topic you have here, RB. Okay to start with, let me share my thoughts about it:

* I have the passion working on computers, I just love the internet and the Information Technology industry itself and always excited to learn something new everyday as far as IT matters :)
    * There's a lot of great opportunities online aside from the fact that it is one way of generating and earning extra bucks of money on Internet Marketing
    * A great alternative for computer enthusiasts to deal and convene with other people (from all walks of life, as well)
    * It's a trend and a booming industry. This is going to be really big in upcoming years

3. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am sure I have shared my thoughts on this forum about my online venture some time back.. but here I go again. Well, I was just too tired of the corporate world and my full time job as a Manager ( meetings, team work..blah blah.. just got to me). And I realized I could make a living online by writing and here I am :) Making a full time income working from the comfort of my home !

4. chrisdina

chrisdina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. This business does not require too much capital.
    2. This business promises huge profits, rather than being an employee of a company. So that my vision of my life can be achieved through this business.
    3. I met some people who have been successful from this business.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I had a friend in the UK who was working on creating websites. The industry was quite new at the time and it was evident that it was growing rapidly. I decided that I'd like to have a site myself and registered a couple of domains. My first site was Proudirish.com. I spent a lot of time on that one and still have it up and running, but don't put any time into it now.

What inspires me is the fact that you can put something online and then anyone in the world can view it, combined with the fact that if people start to talk about it online, it can grow really big really quick.

6. houstonVijai

houstonVijai
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A good topic which can make one nostalgic especially myself.

I am a computer science engg who passed in 1996 when the web world is just starting to explode. Where else I could go when the action is all in web?! I actually started my first website from free webspace given out by geocities.com taken over by yahoo now. Now I have too many website to handle.

It's all fun until you run out hours in your 24 hour day and it gets tough when you got a full time job to handle. But I am having fun and like Fergal said its all about sharing, learning and guiding people all over the world which makes you self satifying and give the feel of accomplishment.

7. follis

follis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The reliability , security , ease of work , doing much more work in less time are the some factors which inspired me to do online business.

8. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Online Business is quick, easy and convenient (ie. no paper work and going to meetings etc.).

9. newbie09

newbie09
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've been inspired to online business since I left college. I've studied electrical/electronic engineering at college. I passed but after that, I was offered a job as a technical maintenance supervisor and it was the only job offered to me because of my engineering qualifications.

I couldnt take the job as the shifts werent suitable for me and I didnt have a drivers license. Every other technical job I applied to kept asking if I got real work experience and as I didnt have that, they wouldnt give me a chance.

So because there wasnt work around for me at the time, I thought about what I wanted and I wanted to be successful. So I've been inspired to online business ever since.

10. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is mainly because online businesses lets you work at the comfort in your homes and is really great and very simple in management, and does not require you to be there when all the work is to be done.

11. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My family is my priority. I'm working at the comfort of my home, i always catch all the important happenings in my family, no meetings, no schedules, no paper works, no worries in preparing your outfit for daily work. Aside from that, I'm a computer savvy. I'm fond of joining different communities such as this forum. I have all I want for a job. What else? it just that I love my work.

12. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These are thing that inspires me a lot when it comes to online Business.
    1. Save Your Money- All i needs, just with a single Personal Computer(PC) or laptop(even more advance now-PDA) and an internet server, you already can start your own online business.
    2. Save Your Time - You no need to travel from your house to your working place anymore.
    3. Save Your Manpower - Your laptop and software are your very friendly employees now. They won't complain you about Low Salary, Long Working Hour, request for extra welfare or even go on strike.
    4. Save Your Effort - You don't need to go outside to meet your customers one by one and most of the time will rejected by them.
    5. You Can Work At Any Place And Any Time - By bringing along your personal laptop, you can work at anyway you like. At your own home, restaurant, cafe etc.

After saving your money, time and effort, I will using all this for my family members and my loved ones.

13. rainbow86

rainbow86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think so, but i have another reason, I learn eletronics commerce.
    I research some eletronics commerce websites, eg ebay.com (C2C platform),
    sourcinggate.com (B2C eletronics wholesale), newegg.com.

Their model are simple, so l think I can do.

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Are you planning on starting an e-commerce site yourself? What will you sell?

15. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What inspired me to do online job is my current condition and my passion for collecting toys.
    I'm one of the Persons with Disabilities (PWD) and I cannot take any other office jobs because of my condition. Besides, there are companies which have discrimination on people like us. Through my current job as a link builder/site promoter, I can use all my knowledge from staying online the whole afternoon and what I have learned in my short courses.

Plus, I have a big passion on toy collecting. My parents can't afford their prices so I do online job so I can buy them using my own money. Plus, with my earnings, I can also help my family on certain expenses like tuition fee of my college sister and many others,

We used my earned money as an extra fund for certain emergencies.

16. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My family, my career and my skills! These are the main cause for my engagement with online businesses.

17. rainbow86

rainbow86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am sorry to heard that about your condition, but you are so strengthen, I bless you, wish you are happy and good.
    You would like to collect toy, which toys? I see tons of toys at some online shop

I think I should learn your spirit dealing with your family and your life.
    :)
    Bless you sincerely.

Yes, but now i am thinking.

i have saw from B2C website, i donot know more.

can you give some advices?

#17 rainbow86, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2010
  18. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

rainbow86 the best way to get advice and answers to your own specific questions, would be to start a new thread with those questions.

19. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Gekidan: You're showing of a very good example. Being PWD is not easy. I know that because a i have a friend who has that same condition. But she doesn't want to go anywhere else. I know how it feels but she doesn't want to help herself. But with you I'm "Impressed." Instead of providing a problem you provide a solution to your family. Keep it up. Live life to the fullest.

Just having an appreciation here. :)

20. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm thankful that people get inspired and impressed by my stories of success.
    I hope people can made this an inspiration to work harder on what they are doing.