What hapaned to Hostgator customer support?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Niksentok, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Niksentok

Niksentok
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Recently I contacted Hostgator.com customer support and they explained me smth about an error, but I don't understand nothing.
    My web site doesn't work for 5 days. I'm loosing clients. Please recommend me a good web hosting provider for running vBulletin forums.

I guess that VPS (35gbs of hard disk, 1 gb of RAM and 500 gbs of bandwidth) is quite good enough for this.
    So, what reliable VPS hosting providers do you know?

2. Maestro_2015

Maestro_2015
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The are Owned by EIG ( Endurance International Group) They kill Hosts. They will buy a company and destroy in a short period of time. I do not know how they still have customers.

3. Niksentok

Niksentok
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are your views on Solvps.com? I started thinking to try their vps hosting services, but before I do this, please share your views on them.
    Where can I read customer hosting reviews about them? Do they offer any discounts? Any alternatives?

4. Maestro_2015

Maestro_2015
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have never heard of them, However if you search for reviews on google you may find them. I would suggest using Hostdime for vps services I love their service they have many datacenters around the world and their support is great.

5. klaythomson

klaythomson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You know what? I've had a lot of bad experience using hostgator. If I were you, I will use hosting with excellent support. I'd like to recommend 4Goodhosting. These guys are fantastic. They have hosted my personal site without any problem. The best part about them is the 24 hours fast support. Every time I open a ticket or email, they will respond in minutes and not hours just like hostgator. So far, I am very happy and satisfied using them. Go ahead and try them.

6. Grestok

Grestok
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have heard that QHoster.com have made a special promo / discount for HostGator customer:
    Coupon code = hg25
    It is 25% LIFE TIME! Discount for all shared & reseller hosting plans. Hope it will help.

7. OhioTom76

OhioTom76
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've always had a good experience with Bluehost, even though they are supposedly owned by the same company as Hostgator. They keep all their scripts and tools up to date, such as Php, and their CPanel offers many more features than some of the other web hosts I've tried. And I never had much trouble calling in for support when needed.

Prior to that, I used Fatcow.com for many years, and they are relatively good too. The last time I used them, as I was transitioning to Bluehost, I would say they don't offer as many bells and whistles - their CPanel is noticeably shorter than Bluehosts. But they were a solid host with solid support too. The main reason I left them at the time was they were running an older version of Php, which didn't work with a shopping cart script I had purchased.

Prior to that, a company I was working for at the time used Inetu.net for their hosting. They are based out of PA and they were very good as well. But at the time they didn't offer a self service CPanel (to the best of my knowledge), so we had to call them a lot when we needed stuff installed or set up. They weren't cheap either, but we were paying for a dedicated server from them, which was several hundred dollars a month. I'm sure the whole CPanel thing has since changed, since that was nearly 10 years ago.

8. mikewashtm

mikewashtm
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not sure on what happened to their support but ever since they were bought by EIG, they aggressively spend their resources on marketing, rather than support. They still don't realize this yet though, I conclude. [​IMG]

9. IOLES

IOLES
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Been hosting with zetservers.com for quite a long time, and I'm very impressed indeed. 50% OFF! When you order, use the coupon code: WHT50OFF. The crazy part is that I get support responses in HOURS, not days. Most of my questions are answered in less than 1-2 hours, which is fantastic.

10. StrangeRobot

StrangeRobot
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The question is really not on "where to find affordable web site hosting plan?" but "how to find an affordable web site hosting plan?"