What does this saying mean to your business?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by GekiDan, Mar 27, 2010.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have heard this saying almost every time there's a business, most likely restaurants and similar establishments, wherein they always say that "The customer is always right".

For people who have a business, what does this saying mean to you? Do you agree with it?
    If not, what are the instances that you think is this saying is correct or wrong?

2. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't agree with it at all. The customer should be treated with respect but they are not always right and as a business owner you have the right to make sure customers do not treat you badly just because they think they are.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree with Sean, that the statement is not always true. However, it is still a useful guide for how you treat your customers. Customers deserve to be treated in a professional manner, even when they are wrong. It is a good policy to always be courteous and respectful to your customers, even if they lose their cool.

4. lorcan

lorcan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you treat the customer as if they are always right, you could end up losing your business, it is just a guide for you to be polite to your customers.

5. eddane

eddane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These days I feel that most of the big companies would not agree with that statement.

Ed